EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Who has gotten a P-0500 error code?

I myself have gotten this code, only once before and it was over the winter when i was testing things.... never got it again.

And i've since seen just a few few handful of people get this same code, and no one has a clue what it is.

P-0500 is not in the manual or on any of the engine management charts, it just doesn't seem to exist, yet it does spit out that code... weird.

anyone got a clue what it's for and has anyone else gotten that code? ... i'm not concerned about it, just a curious mind.

+1
    I got the codeP-0500 along with p-0463 yesterday while riding. The ski didnt go into limp mode or do anything mechanically strange. It just beeped, then I hit the set button 5 times and got both codes. I have a 2005 RXP!! I hit the set button later and showed NO codes at all!!!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    the p-0500 still plagues me as a mystery couple years later. it's rare, it causes no problems or issues, the ski runs fine... got me

I think we`ve discussed this before and you told me is was nothin`.
    only thing I can comment on is when I had the DESS issue is when I got that code... got a new key, re-installed original post and never saw the code again, so who knows
    I think there are a few threads on this subject if ya "search"...

+1
    Steve, I got that code with the original parts I put my conversion together with.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Steve, I got that code with the original parts I put my conversion together with.
    it`s freaky isn`t it... I also checked every connection, every ground, every wire thoroughly looking for whatever, break, something warmed up, etc, but nill... after new key, it didn`t shut off and the code didn`t come back...

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    And now....3 years later....LOL.

just had my ski worked on, we threw a P0113 code, swapped the sensor on the intake manifold, then got the P0500 error code. Couldn't get it to clear. it was on the trailer, so we aren't sure if it would have gone to limp mode....but strange none-the-less.

I am pretty sure that code is "DESS key not read properly". The reason I say this is because I have seen it with a key that is flaky; get a solid beep, then a double beep a few seconds later, and the code appears. I have a key that I can repeat this code pretty much every time I use it.

+1
    TTT. Got this the other day. Ski runs fine, no problems at all. I think it's dess key related. There is one key that I have that sometimes doesn't start the ski and it started the ski the other day, but then I got the error. I'm thinking that may be it.

Thread Information