Need help sputtering!!

A couple weeks ago the ski starting sputtering especially around 4K RPM. I ended up replacing the Denso with NGK and everything was fine. 3 ride hours later the ski started sputtering again really bad. I took it out of the water changed the plugs around and tried the Denso again and still spluttering. I noticed on the Denso where the top part screws in on the threads it looked like it was partially melted. I then put the NGk back started riding and still sputtering. I decided to got WOT and once it got to higher RPM's it was feeling fine, if I went down to ~4K RPM spluttering again and the max RPM was 7700, after a couple of mins I was able to get back to 8100 RPM and the sputtering was gone at lower RPM's. Anyone know what could be causing this? I'm thinking its the part of the plug wires that screws in, by the way should that screw in or do you just push it in? I noticed one when I would push it in it would go into the thread of the plug, the other two I had to screw in. Any ideas? I'm guessing I have to replace that part that goes into the plug.

I noticed on the Denso where the top part screws in on the threads it looked like it was partially melted.
    Sounds like something was arcing....boot loose or something?

Thread Information