+1

Water in oil, after RR valve train upgrade, new engine?

Well I have no compression in cylinder #3, oil in the water. It happened after I installed the Riva valve train upgrade, I screwed something up, so I'm thinking, new long block or just get a short block and have my head redone with ligh weight valves, cam, etc, or could it be I used to much air too fast using Rivas valve spring remover and blew a head gasket?
    If the engine is toast should go with a new Sea Doo or does someone else manufacture a good replacment engine?
    Last edited by mstennes; 07-13-2008 at 01:42 AM.

+1
    I would start by pulling off the head, and checking out the damage, unless you see a rod sticking out the side of the motor. I have bent a valve on a dirt bike, and the fix was replace the valve, no damage to the piston, or head, but I was lucky.

+1
    uhh ohh how much psi did u use changing the springs? did u run it after and this happened? All springs and dampers in? Tryin' to figure this one out. The head is gonna have to come off....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    uhh ohh how much psi did u use changing the springs? did u run it after and this happened? All springs and dampers in? Tryin' to figure this one out. The head is gonna have to come off....
    Yes I checked and rechecked all springs/dampners, retainers, bases, installed the Riva rockershaft bolts. I used about 80 PSI before I realized it should have been 60#. I never ran it untill I had the BUDS updated for the Riva ECU, then we put her in the water and it had a bog, so we checked the BUDS again and that was ok we checked the plugs and the rear was wet, we replaced the plug and tried it again same thing, wet. We pulled the boat out and I'm not sure why but I checked the oil and it was milky . The we did a quick compression test on the back cylinder and it had zero compression ok a little but basicly Zero

+1
    Pull the rocker cover off.Check to see if it has droped a valve. let us know

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
    Pull the rocker cover off.Check to see if it has droped a valve. let us know
    I did that, everything is in place and when I crank it everything moves like its supposed to. Guess its head removal time , dang what a pain I should just order a bunch more hypo stuff since its coming off.

+1
    80psi would not have hurt anything, certainly not the head gasket. Is that plug wet w/ coolant, or water? Something going on here that a valvespring install should not bring about

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    80psi would not have hurt anything, certainly not the head gasket. Is that plug wet w/ coolant, or water? Something going on here that a valvespring install should not bring about
    I hear you, thats what we thought but my oil has turned milkey so its getting water in it, and I have next to 0 compression in the back cylinder . Were stumped I guess I pull the head . Funny thing is the boat goes like a bat out of wherever on 2 cylinders . It still pulls 70, wtf??? The problem started out with a bog when you nail it untill it pulls up to about 4000 rpm. Heres a quick run down of the boat, Riva ECU, Riva valve train upgrade, Rude SC, 50# injectors, Riva IC with blow off capped, Green Hulk Shorty Waterbox, 15/19 impeller, SS wear ring, Adj pump nozzle, Riva 2* wedge, 36 hours total, and its a 06 Could the Riva IC be leaking and causing this?

Thread Information