+1

Put my PPG power pipe on n GPSed my ski.

So as I posted friday I bought some parts from a guy locally for my RXP. I know my ski is in dyer need of a prop n wear ring b/c I have 120hrs on the original stuff. I also mentioned I dont see over 8k rpm lately. Well I woke up saturday morning n installed the PPG resinated power pipe and went out riding. The machine def feels like it lost a lil power outta the whole but mid range n upstairs felt really good. It also was turning 8150 rpm which It hasnt done ever. On GPS it did 72.6 mph but I think thats impossible. It was 85 degrees outside water temp was 77, and my machine did do 69.1 on GPS stock but there no way in hell the power pipe picked it up that much. So I was bothered by the speed so I took it in my truck n I put the cruise on first @ 35mph then @ 55mph and the GPS was reading very close to the speedo. Idk what to do...I dont see the ski pickin up that much just wit a POWER PIPE....some info on what u guys think. I wanna try another GPS. I also have a wear ring on order and I have my new prop and I also have the RIVA POWER FILTER KIT to install.

Sometimes a rose is just a rose.
    If you picked up 200 + rpms, you probably did
    pick up 2-3 mph
    If your engine/ driveline combo is NOT optimized or worn out somewhat,
    then putting more power to it can mask issues.

Just like putting a blower or nitrous on a ****ty flowing set of
    cylider heads... might run real slow w/o it, but Very respectable
    with the addition masking poor flow.
    Or in the drivline world, putting just that little extra HP on
    might compensate for poor choice of convertor and/or gear choice..
    Will run OK only until make that 1 change that really wakes it up..
    You may have just found that this little extra exhaust flow
    is helping you overcome inefficiencies elsewhere.
    Good Luck. I have heard the PPG pipe is a good piece.

BTW, what kind of sound (loud, quiet, etc) do you have now..
    was thinking of resonated power pipe for my RXT if I can keep
    rest of exhaust system close to "stock" quiet level

+1
    the only thing you need to be thinking about is steel washers... say it..repeat it.. make it a mantra..dont put it back in the water until you get it done, bro!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    the only thing you need to be thinking about is steel washers... say it..repeat it.. make it a mantra..dont put it back in the water until you get it done, bro!
    My ski is under warranty....I spoke to my dealer...they said if the s/c takes a **** n sends parts into the motor..i will be down 5 days...Im very close wit the owner of my dealer in the past 2 yrs my friends and also have purchased 14 rxp's from them and 3 rxt's. I am lookin to change s/c's so when I do so Ill do the washer then...Till then its ride it till I dies.

not trying to tell you what to do but change the washers ... the money is well worth the security and the down time is minimal if you send it to Jerry.

Your ski will be torn all apart for them to fix it correctly... and thats pretty rare for a dealer to do...

+1
    Listen to the folks wisdom about the S/C washers it is the first mod anyone should do. Oh and do ya wanna buy my ski it has a rebuilt motor S/C washers took a dump but my dealer buddy did a new rebuild it is as good as new yeah
    Last edited by Treemn; 07-13-2008 at 08:18 PM.

+1
    i appreciate everyone tellin me to do it...I understand...But I plan on changin my blower in the next week or so. I dont get to ride my ski so often as I use to due to my job, my bussiness, n my race car takin up alot of time. So I am thinkin about buyin a stage III blower from a board member so I will do it then. I appreciate u guys steering me in the right direction.

those pipes work good, I gained a little over 100 rpm with one, but if you ride at around 3000 rpm very much you can't hear the radio on your way home. my power pipe is on the shelf now....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GTXX View Post
    those pipes work good, I gained a little over 100 rpm with one, but if you ride at around 3000 rpm very much you can't hear the radio on your way home. my power pipe is on the shelf now....
    OMG...lol thats soo funny u say that...I have a stock water box and I put that pipe n n when I went out to ride sat. My buddy wit the same 06 rxp like mine did a riva thru hull n hes tellin me its soo loud...I start mine up n he foes holy ****..lol I let him take it for a ride...I love the way it sounds but it def gave me a headache and ur def right from 2800-3200 if can make ur head wanna explode. I can only imagine what its gonne be like wit a short water box.

Thread Information