Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Test run

www.bluraycomics1.com bluraycomics's Avatar

Test run

I finally have gotten to do a test run after some of the new mods I've done to my ski. I just recently installed a 15/20 prop and now I'm only hitting 7600 rpms. My fastest run was 68.5 mph which I was a little dissapointed in but I guess I don't have the right mixture of parts yet. I think my next step is to get a green wheel to hopefully get my rpms up. Any feedback or suggestions would be great. Thanks!!

Did you seal your stock IC blockoff with a FAT bead of silicone? Did you seal or your IC pipe and coupler connections with windex? Did you make sure you sealed the mounting bolts on the sides of the XS IC with some silicone? Finally what SC air intake are you using? Still stock, because I don't see one listed in your signature? You need to go with the Riva 3" powerfilter at the very least, that way you should gain another 100+ RPM. Once you get all that checked over I would consider going with the greenwheel so you can turn that 15/20R prop better. Greenwheel should be worth another 100+ RPM.

Does the ski feel sluggish at all or is the throttle response a lot snappier than it was before? Also in my experience the 15/20R is a little too much prop for a XS IC since the 15/20R was designed for the Riva stage 2 and IC kit and the XS IC is worth about 100-200 RPM less than a Riva IC.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 07-13-2008 at 12:28 PM.

I did seal everything upon installation of the IC and I'm pretty sure everything is good with that. Prior to the installation of the new prop I was hitting the rev limiter with the stock prop.
    I am still running the stock intake so I will definetely upgrade that.
    The ski feels strong, if I pulled back on take off the ski would jump out of the water so I had to lean foward to keep it down. Even if the wheel and intake give me 200 more rpm I'd still only be at 7800.
    Maybe I jumped the gun with the 15/20?

Banned User
    +1
    Your running way too much pitch in your prop......bring it down a bit and your rpm will go up as well as the speed.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20995

Quote Originally Posted by bluraycomics View Post
    I did seal everything upon installation of the IC and I'm pretty sure everything is good with that. Prior to the installation of the new prop I was hitting the rev limiter with the stock prop.
    I am still running the stock intake so I will definetely upgrade that.
    The ski feels strong, if I pulled back on take off the ski would jump out of the water so I had to lean foward to keep it down. Even if the wheel and intake give me 200 more rpm I'd still only be at 7800.
    Maybe I jumped the gun with the 15/20?
    To be honest, don't touch the prop...yet. If you plan on adding more mods you will benefit from not touching it. Here's what I think...get the Riva 3" powerfilter intake. Then get the Riva Stage 3 supercharger. You will need 42# fuel injectors or a rising rate fuel pressure regulator to run that setup, injectors are less $$$ though. The new price on the Riva stage 3 supercharger makes it one hell of a buy. The powerfilter and Riva Stage 3 SC should get you another 300-400 RPM from where you're at now. The air intake, stage 3 sc and injectors should run you about $950 more, but the bang for the buck there will be great. Another 3mph at least. From there if you're still short of 8100 RPM then repitch.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 07-13-2008 at 01:29 PM.

Banned User
    +1
    +1
    If your already going to upgrade with other mods, don't worry about the prop. You'll "grow" into it. But, if you want a simple fix to gain more speed, bend it.

Banned User
    +1
    The cork in your setup is the stock air intake, so yank it out and toss in a 4" kanaflex setup...YOU NEED AIR.

Leave everything else alone for now, even the prop...get new results after the swap...

Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    The powerfilter and Riva Stage 3 SC should get you another 300-400 RPM from where you're at now. The air intake, stage 3 sc and injectors should run you about $950 more, but the bang for the buck there will be great. Another 3mph at least. From there if you're still short of 8100 RPM then repitch.

You are right that's not bad for that type of setup! Looks like I will be doing some online shopping today!

I agree that I'd rather not take a step back but rather grow into where I'm at now.

So the ski jumping out of the water is this normal or is this part of the not having all the right mods yet also?

Banned User
    +1
    You didn't say anything in your original post about the ski jumping out of the water. Where is your trim set when you make the speed runs??? Try full down for launch, and about 2 seconds later try full up, or one notch down from full up. Also, put your feet directly over the pump, bend your knees to absorb shock, and try to keep low.

I don't have vts on my ski like the new rxx if that's what you mean. Usually I will squat low and back as far as I can with my feet over the pump and arms stretched. Doing that today is when the ski would jump out of the water on launch. Instead I would have to lean foward like I was taking off on a ATV to keep it down.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information