Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1992 Polaris sl650 overheating "HELP"

I am reconstructing a basket case ans the temp alarm goes off after a few minutes. I have water coming out the "weep hole" in the back. I took apart the in line pop off thing and the parts fell out and will not go back together properly. The plastic 4 sided thing falls through the engine side openning. Do I need this? Any suggestions?

+1
    You mean the stuff here? Numbers 18-25 as in this 93 photo?

I am not sure what picture you are talking about.

+1

No, it is actually a different drawing(1992 SL 650) I got from a manual you directed me to. I guess its called the "pop off". It is the valve between the cooling rail from the three heads directly in between the rail and the exaust port that vents directly outside over the pump. In the drawing you have, it looks like it would be where the number 2 is. ( its black, unscrews in the middle,about 4 inches long and has a spring and two pieces of plastic the spring presses against). Can I do without this? It looks to me that it stops flow until a pressue is built up or some kind of check valve.
    On another note I can not thank you enough for what you do. The service you provide gives back yard machanics like myself a chance to raise from the dead 90's Jet Skis for the enjoyment of kids at a resonable price. It sure beats watching them play video games. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    Ok one last one, I bought after market head gaskets from Klinger. According to the manual I believe I have them oriented right, Looking from exaust side to the intake side the large rectangular port is at 11 oclock and the tab is under the water flange on the head. I am not sure though what side is up or down and if that makes a difference.

I run the billet 92 popoff assembly! it does help build pressure

you can do without it but the pisser will just dribble I would just get a newer cooling bar that has it built in! the reason I run the can style is I have a billet head with no provision for the cooling bar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	750 billet half sz.jpg 
Views:	2861 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	82980  

hose 7

in that picture of the cooling pipes , on the water distrubution manifold , Where does that hose number 7 go to? I have a old ski thats has that hose blocked off. Where does iit suppose to attach to? Any pictures would help
    Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chaz2009 View Post
    in that picture of the cooling pipes , on the water distrubution manifold , Where does that hose number 7 go to? I have a old ski thats has that hose blocked off. Where does iit suppose to attach to? Any pictures would help
    Thanks
    i am going strictly on very distant memory back when we were doing all the updates and changes to these 92 cooling systems but i think that was blocked off right from the factory and was used for flushing the cooling system. just a guess though, that was along time ago. i would definately get rid of all that stuff and convert to the later style cooling system used on all the fuji triples, 1993 to 1997.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information