GTX vs. RXT: what are the differences? Is this a good deal?

I may have found an awsome deal please let me know if it is.

A 2005 Sea-Doo RXT for $3800 including the trailer (no box, not name brand, aluminum) there is no extended warranty, but I have a guy who works on sea-doos who is going to check it out for me.

What I would like to know is aside from the base model hp (155 hp on GTX and 215 hp on the RXT) are there any other differences?

Are they the same hull therefore the same stability?

How about storage?

Buying used what do I need to look for?

Also, form the sea-doo line I have only ridden an 06 and 08 GTI, Is the RXT much more stable than the GTI?

I did not feel comfortable at all on the GTI, it just started to shimmy and take off in another direction depending on how it hit the wave.

I will use the ski for mainly family fun and tubing, not necessarily for the speed but that will be a nice dose of fun when needed, but I want to make sure it is stable.

thanks for your help.
    Last edited by GTI-SE4426; 07-13-2008 at 08:16 PM.

+1

yes it was, I thought it might be a scam but was hoping it was going to be the exception rather than the rule, oh well! We will see. It is a different ski, but same price and language so I am sure that it is bogus. I am in CA and the I did notice the numbers on the RXT were AL

Unless you remove the OPAS you'll get thrown around a bit when you hit waves at funny angles.

I'd be warry of the craigslist/kijiji listings. I've been looking at bikes and noticed there is a guy on kijiji who has "sold" the same Honda Gold Wing 4 times now that I've seen. Every time his location is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Sailor View Post
    Unless you remove the OPAS you'll get thrown around a bit when you hit waves at funny angles.

I'd be warry of the craigslist/kijiji listings. I've been looking at bikes and noticed there is a guy on kijiji who has "sold" the same Honda Gold Wing 4 times now that I've seen. Every time his location is different.
    I was also looking at a GTI SE but thought it was too unstable, have you removed the OPAS from yours, has it helped to stabilize the ride?

Thread Information