Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I respect your guys/gals opinion, need a suggestion

As ya know, I bought a boat 2006 Senza 186...

Well about after about 4 hours of running time...the boat stalled out ahd to be towed in ( so 4 hours on boat)...took her home, brought her out the next day..started her up and it took FOREVER, finally got it but it just puffed tons of BLACK smoke...so I took it to the dsealer...turns out the CARB had to be REBUILT on a boat with 4 hours!! it was on the shop for 3 weeks... so I owned the boat for 4 weeks but only had it in my possesion for 6-7 days...

Took it out after it was done, ran great for about 30 minutes...trid to idle it it puffed a little smoke and died...it will not idle now...

So NOW I will have to take it back in for the same problem ( similar) and probably wait anouther 3 weeks for the SAME PRoblem that should of been fixed right the first time...

What would you do in my situation? thanks guys/gals!

You need to talk to the person in charge of the service department. This is their "busy time" so you still may be looking at a longer wait than usual. You can also contact the manufacturer of the boat and let know the problems. Sometimes that can help get things done. With service departments, you are at their mercy.

Sorry that your having problems.

J3ff
    If I were in your shoes I would be on my way to talking to the dealership owner. I would demand a boat that runs, and remind him how much you paid for it.

If he offers you a loaner for when the boat is in the shop, tell him it had better be the same or better quality boat.

O I forgot to tell ay guys what the manager of the store told me...this is the kicker!

He told me "Its not his problem!"...

I about jumped threw the phone...

J3ff
    Dude, go down there, with your papers, recipts, whatever all your paperwork in your hand, demand to speak to the top guy in charge at the moment and really tell them in a controlled manner how you are ready to return your boat because of all the problems.

I have writen a formal letter that is adressed to the parent company CEO and president, and also the smaller companys CEO and president as well as the customer support team. My attourney will read over it and sign the bottom of the letter to make it legal and to let the comapny know that if these problems arnt fixed in a manner that exceeds my expectations...because so far NOTHING with this boat has done that...or even come close to meting them...

+1
    Burn the building down!

Seems like all high dollar items (cars, boats, skis, etc) once you buy, thats all they care about. Service never seems to give a ShhT and there never seems like there is anything you can do about it. You should beable to just return them like here take it back I dont want to deal with you people. I think then service would be forced to give you SERVICE!!! sorry about the rant!

demand return and get different brand

Here is the real scoop on handeling this:

IMO, I would do two things:

1. Take that lawyer of yours, if he has balls, and go to the corperate office where you bought it and demand a full refund. Don't negotiate anything because you will always have problems with this particular dealer. Trust me on this, it is like buying a car if you know what i mean.

2. If you get a negotiation reached by the dealer, who says that he will not remember you when you get sewrvice done on your boat. He will stall you at no cost to him to get your problems fixed later. You will have a bad rep with him and he will not give you a satisfied returned product. Go get a boat somewhere else from a different dealer and make sure if you do that you talk directly to the service department and ask for at least 3 referrals to call them and ask how their service was when they returned their boats.

Remember this. You paid a olot of money for your boat and that is all the dealer cares about. Another thing you can do which helps every little bit. Call the BBB and report his dealership to them on customer service. It works most of the time. The BBB will talk to the dealership and a sollution is right around the corner 80% of the time. Dealerships don't like to be reported by the BBB because it stays on their record like a rap sheet. It is worth a try.

Good luck and let us know what the results are....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information