+1

Does anyone wear mouth protection?

I saw a Thread about Goggles, Masks, and the like. But what i was wondering Does anyone wear anything UNDER the EYE protection Like for Protection of the mouth or Nose? I had a buddy who got smacked in the Mouth while on his Motorcycle(BEFORE FULL FACE MASKS) by a June bug man his lips just exploded!... I thought that the same thing might happen on the water(other type of bug or debris)Motocross types have something kinda like what i'm getting at,, but what about for PWC?

I spent some time thinking about this one too. I considered the JOFA which I wore for MX to protect mouth from flying rocks and dirt clods many years ago. But, maybe not enough protection for face plant into the bars. The Triton face mask is used by high speed bass fishermen specifically to protect against bugs and birds. But same issue, is it enough for face plant? And no head protection. Style may also be a little too aggressive for my tastes. I keep coming back to lightweight full coverage helmet. There are some great new products out there but still expensive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jofa.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	82861  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+1
    Hey Blue,
    Thanks for the input. hahaha i guess we have to Look like Hanibal Lectere! I dont know i ride hard enough for the use of a helmet. I am always spinning my head around to see who is coming too close(like today x2) I think a a helmet might be too heavy. I already wear Oakleys Mask to keep al that salt out of my eyes.. I'll take a look at these item you have here..
    thanks for the reply. Good to hear from you again.

+1
    Hannibal Lecter, now that's pretty funny...

Not sure how many big bugs they have on the water in New York, but down here in Florida I have been hit in the face by large bugs while on my RXT and let me tell you those suckers hurt...

It seems like I have encountered more of the UFO's in the late evening getting close to sunset...

Not sure if I could wear a helmet out there, for me it's all about freedom you know, the wind in my hair, bugs in my teeth...

I have read about concerns with hurting your neck if you come off the ski at high speed and that helmet "buckets" or grabs the water...(?)
    Last edited by YoYamma; 07-14-2008 at 06:45 AM.

+1
    Yo,
    Thanks for the reply. I guess that's how most folk think. Betcha you guys have more bugs there than we do... also Nicer weather,friendlier women, Beautifuler water.... the list goes on... I don't think i'll bring myself to make a decision just yet.. Perhaps i'll have to smacked in the gob once or twice.I too dig the freedom thing it's worth it.
    Thanks.

Thread Information