Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar

Question Rxp-x Opas Or No Opas

This is directed towards anyone with an RXP-X not the T-X as the boats Hulls and Intake tracks are different.

This is also Directed to anyone who owns and has personally done this or to anyone who has worked on this boat and done this.

Reason For asking the questions is I find many mixed reviews about doing this on the P-X.

My question is: Removing the OPAS on a P-X are the Pro's Outweighing the CONS. I know a lot of people say P-X handles so much better with them. And others say its more predictable without them. And I have ridin all kinds of PWC's and not a single company has tried this...I know that this is supposed to help in off power situations but hell every boat I have owned did just fine without them...Another thing I notticed was that with OPAS Sea Doo had to set the Sponsons up further on the Hull to incorporate this....If you look at other craft out there Sponsons are set almost all the way back...So even if removing OPAS helps doesnt having the sponsons up further create an issue when turning as the hull's back end is catching current off of the Sponsons. Instead of the sponsons directing water away from the back of the hull.....Also if you dont remove OPAS you cant put goodies on as easy....

I would like this Thread to be as open as possible about this issue. No cock fights, just good conversation as to how you think your opinion matters....

JAWZ is an avid fan of leaving the OPAS on.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ght=RXP-X+OPAS

Yes......................................... The only reason I could think of to get rid of the opas is porposing............................and the X does NOT porpuse.

If it's not better than stock why spend the money???? I wish you could ride mine It's handling is nothing short of amazing! Thanks to Highpower Hightower (RXP STAN) It didn't take much to get it perfect. S-D did there homework on the X

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ght=RXP-X+OPAS

Why get blockoffs? Unless you are only running STRAIGHT LINE leave it alone and enjoy. Money is much better spent on Jim's rideplate...... THE MONEY IS MUCH BETTER SPENT!!!!!! It should be second on any list. JD1 is absolutely correct!!!

+1
    Took mine off because i was tossed off my old ski when one of the paddles got hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxcrazy23 View Post
    Took mine off because i was tossed off my old ski when one of the paddles got hooked.
    How Fast were you going.....And were you tracking straight or going into a turn...

And another question is: are the OPAS paddles any different from year to year.

Paddles are the same I believe.

I took mine off, but added my Riva Sponsons off my old ski. You can def feel the ski walking at high speeds, but cornering is much better I think (my opinion) and predictable with the RE Block off's and Riva Sponsons.

We run our rxpx closed course with paddles on and stock hull with grate (this boat won NZ nationals) now running over 80mph with turbo and handles extremely well we took the paddles off and after one short test ride put them back on the ski turns in alot better and just feels better so they will stay!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Clarke View Post
    We run our rxpx closed course with paddles on and stock hull with grate (this boat won NZ nationals) now running over 80mph with turbo and handles extremely well we took the paddles off and after one short test ride put them back on the ski turns in alot better and just feels better so they will stay!
    Yea I hear alot of Closed Course guys run Aftermarket Sponsons and leave the OPAS on......thanks for your input....

we run stock sponsons to!
    we had such little time to get the ski ready for racing last season we just dropped our stage 3++ motor into a stock brand new x hull as we were so impressed with how it handled straight out of the box and successfully raced all season with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Clarke View Post
    we run stock sponsons to!
    we had such little time to get the ski ready for racing last season we just dropped our stage 3++ motor into a stock brand new x hull as we were so impressed with how it handled straight out of the box and successfully raced all season with it.

Yea I am hearing that more and more.....The Racers are all telling me to leave the OPAS and stock Sponsons on as there is no better setup currentley out there. And what is out there doesnt make any more difference for the money.....I hear save my money for a rideplate so thats what I am going to do......

+1
    got tossed off the 04gtx sc after getting some air. Didn't want to chance it on the RXPX. I liked the way it handled with them on, but i prefer them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxcrazy23 View Post
    got tossed off the 04gtx sc after getting some air. Didn't want to chance it on the RXPX. I liked the way it handled with them on, but i prefer them off.
    I hear about a lot of people getting tossed with them on....Im just wondering if it is in a situation only basis or just pure random luck....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information