Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Post High Performance Airboats !!!

http://www.southernairboat.com/photopost/

These guys take their stuff serious !!! Small and big block chevy's in Airboats !

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1

Jerry, you can be the first to put a 4-tec engine in one

and then put a Hallpass sticker on it cause I gave you the idea!

air boats are nothing but junk they have no control inless in the throtle and i find most air boater are asses can not stand that loud junk.

+1
    I started a post a while back about an air boat JK(forum member) and I raced with our rxp's. This thing was sick. We went from about a 20 mph roll and all three of us hit it and to our suprise we were all side by side until about 73mph were my ski tops out and him and JK kept pulling. The guy on the air boat was playing the throttle up top as it sounded like he was spinning the prop. Jk's ski is a fully ported stage three that runs 82mph alll day long. I dont think they got to JK's top speed before the airboat looked like it was getting pretty squirly and the guy had to get out of it. We later talke to the guy with the air boat and he said he had a nascar style motor pushing 900hp w/out nitrous and 1100hp w/ nitrous. He was not running the nitrous at the time and I dont think it would have helped much as he was already over powering he prop.. Him and JK raced again and JK said he got him that time but when we met up with the guy at the beach after that he told JK to go home and tune his ski up for next time. You have to have some big kahunas to drive an air bout at over 70 mph! Of course if we raced out of the hole it would have been a different story. Maybe next year we can get that guy to come to mud bug.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoolover View Post
    air boats are nothing but junk they have no control inless in the throtle and i find most air boater are asses can not stand that loud junk.
    Hmmmmm, I recognize that rant But from where?

Oh yeah, that sounds exactly like the arguements agains PWCs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    Hmmmmm, I recognize that rant But from where?

Oh yeah, that sounds exactly like the arguements agains PWCs.
    We've been pretty nice to the airboaters out there and share the waterways best we can on the St Johns. Made friends with a few and and not some others.

After eating at the only restaurant on the river where we ride an airboat came towards the dock in an apparent attempt to fan us (being cool and all) lost control of his airboat and rammed seadolover's BRAND NEW RXP-X under the dock. To make things worse he gunned it after already being on top of the ski. Airboat driver said we should have been able to stop the boat.

So please take that into consideration and maybe you will understand why he is so pissed off.

The week before they sanblasted Jp1300r and I with our wives for no reason.

When we out number the airboats on the river, never have we taken advantage of that or done anything different. Everytime we are out numbered they a$$hole out on us, cut us off and start fights. I'm sure its just this particular (large) group but thats who we deal with every Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    We've been pretty nice to the airboaters out there and share the waterways best we can on the St Johns. Made friends with a few and and not some others.

After eating at the only restaurant on the river where we ride an airboat came towards the dock in an apparent attempt to fan us (being cool and all) lost control of his airboat and rammed seadolover's BRAND NEW RXP-X under the dock. To make things worse he gunned it after already being on top of the ski. Airboat driver said we should have been able to stop the boat.

So please take that into consideration and maybe you will understand why he is so pissed off.

The week before they sanblasted Jp1300r and I with our wives for no reason.

When we out number the airboats on the river, never have we taken advantage of that or done anything different. Everytime we are out numbered they a$$hole out on us, cut us off and start fights. I'm sure its just this particular (large) group but thats who we deal with every Sunday.
    Yep sounds like you have a definate group of a-holes there. Just like we have our a-holes too(we've all seen the videos)

Seadoolover, sorry about your ski, I understand your distrust and dislike of airboaters(they just aren't a phenomenon around here so I have no personal experience).

+1
    we now get into it enough w/ the airboaters on the bayou that we all are carrying when we ride. We have been threatened bodily harm even though we try to tell them the water belongs to everyone. They do tours, we wave and the tourists take pics and love it, the boat operators do not. I say "bring it on"

Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    we now get into it enough w/ the airboaters on the bayou that we all are carrying when we ride. We have been threatened bodily harm even though we try to tell them the water belongs to everyone. They do tours, we wave and the tourists take pics and love it, the boat operators do not. I say "bring it on"
    Does this mean I need to bring my Dirty Harry gat to the next Mudbug?

Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    at least im not the only one sometimes having same problem but yes that was day after accident.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information