Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SC Pulley broke

SC Pulley broke

This is just an FYI, My 07went into limp mode after serious jumping and found the SC idler pully snapped, shredded the belt and flooded the engine with gas.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapps 250X View Post
    This is just an FYI, My 07went into limp mode after serious jumping and found the SC idler pully snapped, shredded the belt and flooded the engine with gas.
    Snapped? Got any pics?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapps 250X View Post
    are you sure the bearings didn't go..... i would like to see a picture of the snapped pulley. they don't snapped, the crack and break apart and even at that, that is a very hard thing to do

ultra's are meant for jumping...... and as far as shredding the belt and flooding the engine with gas, if the belt comes off at most it will do is foul the plugs out from dumping fuel in from being under boost.... after that.... it should run like a N/A motor.... i've seen it multiple times on blower cars.... the belt shreds, fouls the plugs but still runs as if the blower wasn't there.

it happened to me twice on my 04 Cobra.... i am thinking your bearings locked up which caused the belt to shread which would explain the extra gas in the cylinders... which also leads me to believe that more than likely you ride in saltwater and at some point submerged the boat and got water in the engine compartment which corroded the bearings to the point they locked up..

i know this from experience, not from seat of my pants guessing

Wow! Guess these crafts are NOT meant to be jumped. Did you suck in some water some where? Were you on the throttle when in the air? Did the internal shaft break off, causing the pulley to fall off/break? This does not surprise me the least bit.
    Not sure about the gas though. How would the SC cause a gas leakage, unless the pulley got thrown around in the hull, and cracek the gas tank or gas line.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    Wow! Guess these crafts are NOT meant to be jumped. Did you suck in some water some where? Were you on the throttle when in the air? Did the internal shaft break off, causing the pulley to fall off/break? This does not surprise me the least bit.
    Not sure about the gas though. How would the SC cause a gas leakage, unless the pulley got thrown around in the hull, and cracek the gas tank or gas line.
    see my post above yours regarding the gas in the engine.... its not uncommon for that to happen.

although it is uncommon for a pulley to break.... i have gone through bearings but not a complete pulley

If you snap the shaft that goes to the pulley, it wont go over 1500 rpms, and you wont do more than 5 mph. You might as well call in the tow boat! You can easily tell if your SC went out by checking your relief valve. At idol you should have air blasting out of it. If your SC took a chit, you will NOT have any air coming out. Lets say your see your belt still intact, its spining nicely, you say WTF is wrong, no RPM's, my ski is bogging, cant get over 2K rpms. WHATS WRONG?? Your plugs WILL foul MAJORLY (is that a word). Or if your lucky, it will ONLY be the bearings, and you can buy replacement for those that are on the tension wheels. R&D sells them.

Has anyone changed out the bearing ON the actual SC, NOT the ones on the actual pulley. The SC has I believe 4 bearings on it. 2 on the front, and 2 on the rear. Can they be replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    although it is uncommon for a pulley to break.... i have gone through bearings but not a complete pulley

How about a complete SC?

Ive seen the S/C snout snap off do to over tightening the belt but not from jumping waves. Still the Ultra wouldnt be my choice for jumping. Anything over 1k pounds is going to beat on every part in the ski when launch and landing

Show us some pics. We might be able to help ya out before buying a new charger.

+1
    If you snap the shaft that goes to the pulley, it wont go over 1500 rpms, and you wont do more than 5 mph. You might as well call in the tow boat! You can easily tell if your SC went out by checking your relief valve. At idol you should have air blasting out of it. If your SC took a chit, you will NOT have any air coming out. Lets say your see your belt still intact, its spining nicely, you say WTF is wrong, no RPM's, my ski is bogging, cant get over 2K rpms. WHATS WRONG?? Your plugs WILL foul MAJORLY (is that a word). Or if your lucky, it will ONLY be the bearings, and you can buy replacement for those that are on the tension wheels. R&D sells them.

Has anyone changed out the bearing ON the actual SC, NOT the ones on the actual pulley. The SC has I believe 4 bearings on it. 2 on the front, and 2 on the rear. Can they be replaced?

yes they can be replaced.... thats was part one of last summers saga.... part two of the saga culminated with the glorious display of rod exiting motor via stage right......

+1
    How about a complete SC?
    yep been there done that

my boat was at the dealership more last season than it was in my own garage

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information