ultra 250x: 1 degree pump wedge

Hi,

I would like your help about 1 Degree Pump Wedge. My pwc is the Ultra 250x '08 and i use it for recreation but fast one. I have already install Riva plate & sponsons, TBM tunable scoop and R&D pump shoe seal. My pwc has no any other mods. I am from Greece-Europe and the water is often choppy(1-4ft). My weight is 200 pounds. If i will install R&D 1 deg Pump Wedge,what will i gain (acceleration etc) and what will i loose (stability etc)?Is 1 deg pump wedge enough or may i use 2 deg pump wedge because of my weight? I don't like too much bow out of the water.

Thanx

Petros

Petros,
    i think that the Riva plate + the 1degree wedge will turn your ski into a kangaroo in anything but glass.
    Stock plated ultras kill Riva plated ones in rough.
    I would suggest stock plate + 2degree or Riva without any wedge.
    A good idea is to buy both the 2 wedges 1+2 degree and experiment yourself.
    They are cheap and i have them in stock.
    Chris

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Talking

[quote=Petros_GR;717665]Hi,

I would like your help about 1 Degree Pump Wedge. My pwc is the Ultra 250x '08 and i use it for recreation but fast one. I have already install Riva plate & sponsons, TBM tunable scoop and R&D pump shoe seal. My pwc has no any other mods. I am from Greece-Europe and the water is often choppy(1-4ft). My weight is 200 pounds. If i will install R&D 1 deg Pump Wedge,what will i gain (acceleration etc) and what will i loose (stability etc)?Is 1 deg pump wedge enough or may i use 2 deg pump wedge because of my weight? I don't like too much bow out of the water.

Thanx

The best combo for the conditions you have mentioned would be the

R&D Ride plate and a 1 degree wedge that way you basicly match the speed of the RIVA but have far superior rough water ride.
    Dont even bother with the RIVA in any kind of rough.

All you will be doing is adding a down grade to the ultras ability to destroy anything in the rough were it shines.

Regards

Waz

Hi Waz,

So, your suggestion is Riva plate and R&D 1 degree wedge in any condition? Will my kawi loose in stability? What will it gain?

Thanx

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Petros_GR View Post
    Hi Waz,

So, your suggestion is Riva plate and R&D 1 degree wedge in any condition? Will my kawi loose in stability? What will it gain?

Thanx
    http://www.floridasmarthomes.com/teammoto/?cat=83

No I saying use R&D plate & 1 degree wedge Riva sucks in the rough!!! above link will explain it perfectly, I can personally say that the conditions I ride in I have found no ill effects to speak off, I ride in open rough water all the time.
    Some days around 2-3 messy chop. and 3-5 ft swells and still messy between waves, its the best combo around for speed and hook up ..............................read skipps right up , it will all come to you then. and adjust your grate to suit conditions.

Warren
    Last edited by sirbreaksalot; 07-14-2008 at 08:24 PM.

Warren,

Thanks for your help but it is difficult to change plate now because I must order it from USA and it will be impossible to have it before my vacation (end of July). Why doesn't riva plate combine with r&d wedge?

Petros

+1
    hows this info coming from a local well known and what i thought was a reputable kawasaki dealer S.E of Melbourne. I rang to get a price on a wedge he couldnt tell me wether he had a 1 deg. or a 2deg. wedge. He had one left from a total of four. he had installed the other 3, but he advised me not to fit one as the 250x already is a heavy ski and runs with the bow down. thus installing the wedge so as pump exit was pointing down was going to give me no gains. i then proceeded to tell him that he had installed the wedges upside down, the guy didnt even know the lx already had one and that the parts he had ordered were from that ski. So to cut a long story short he had a 2deg wedge which he doesn't know what it is used for on a 250x. needless to say glad i work on my own ski.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    hows this info coming from a local well known and what i thought was a reputable kawasaki dealer S.E of Melbourne. I rang to get a price on a wedge he couldnt tell me wether he had a 1 deg. or a 2deg. wedge. He had one left from a total of four. he had installed the other 3, but he advised me not to fit one as the 250x already is a heavy ski and runs with the bow down. thus installing the wedge so as pump exit was pointing down was going to give me no gains. i then proceeded to tell him that he had installed the wedges upside down, the guy didnt even know the lx already had one and that the parts he had ordered were from that ski. So to cut a long story short he had a 2deg wedge which he doesn't know what it is used for on a 250x. needless to say glad i work on my own ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    thats too funny.... could a 1 degree wedge turned upside down possibly yield any offshore gains tho...hmm... the ultra is already the king of chop, but sure would be easy to do if it helps at WOT in the 3 footers.

Thread Information