Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: msx 140

new to the game .just got a set of msx 140 in bad shap and wish to bring them to life. Funds are low,now i have and idea where im goin . one has everthing but the box that control the electrical. and a few other thing but all in all its a complete ski. The other is another story. never did this befor ,but will try. Here some pic's of what i have to start with. it will take me a little longer than you. but i will make it. Sorry dont know how to put pics in

Last edited by Bloodfang..V--V; 07-15-2008 at 04:24 PM.

my son and his friend lookin the skis that i willbe workin on and he wilbe ridin so his thinks

So once your done then may pick your brian ? its good hope i can have as much success with my msx's as your havin, cant wait to see it done..

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk! You sure can,for what it's worth...LOL. The 140's would be easier to stuff any Domestic engine into as the motor mounts are in the right spot to start with.The 150's mounts are different then any stock bed plates. So what are you plans? Start a thread in Projects here,and we'll follow and help anyway we can.

Thanks, will do just soon as i can. what you think of the skis. got a good deal on them. just want to get rid of the D/I and go to carbs like you

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    If the DI works or can be fixed for low funds-why would you want to spend $$'s on carbs, Dan is going for big horsepower -is that what you want? if not keep your money for lower priced gas

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Unless you can mod the heads,your going to need a new head cover for the DI motors. Then DI jugs are different from 1200 gassers.There's only 2 type of aftermarket headcovers out there,Except there's none For Sale right now.But rumor has it,there coming out again soon. Not cheap,but very nice.
    Like Pirate,I love the MSX skis. They are a great platform. I agree with Pirate,if you can fix one easy,do it. For a simple conversion,you could easily tie up over $1500.00 carbbing one.
    Last edited by Keddano; 07-14-2008 at 12:26 AM.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfang..V--V View Post
    ...MSX 140 in bad shape and wish to bring them to life. Funds are low,now i have and idea where I'm going.
    One has everything but the box that control the electrical. and a few other thing but all in all its a complete ski.
    The other is another story. never did this before, but will try. Here some pic's of what i have to start with. it will take me a little longer than you. but i will make it. Sorry don't know how to put pics in
    Welcome to the Hulk!

The EMM electronic controller is central to the operation of these Ficht fuel injected machines. It is also mapped to each individual fuel injector. This means that you need to either find an EMM that comes with the matched injectors, or send your injectors and replacement EMM to Polaris, where they will flow test each injector, and upload the fuel flow mapping data into the EMM memory.

This also means you cannot swap injectors around between cylinders, as each injector flows differently, and has a separate flow mapping inside the EMM.

That said, when you do get it running properly, these Ficht engines are quite economical on fuel for the power they produce. Unlike a carb'ed engine, almost no fuel goes out the exhaust pipe unburned.

Because of the Ficht EMM system, you cannot alter the engine breathing for more power. Any change to the intake or exhaust system will just upset the fuel-air ratio, and there are no adjustments for correcting it. Essentially, a Ficht engine must be run in stock configuration, but it will produce good power and good fuel economy.

To convert a Ficht PWC to carburetors requires the change-out of many components, including the complete electrical system, electrical stator, and lots of smaller stuff. To read more, look up the Polaris Matrix conversions, which were carb conversions, with triple pipe exhaust. 200HP, fast and rare.

The MSX hull provides an excellent ride, especially on choppy water.
    Last edited by K447; 07-14-2008 at 01:58 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information