+1

Customs And Border Protection!! New Job . .

Yea i got the phone call and JOB OFFER TODAY!!! after passing all the test in the application process !!!

I START AUG.4th in fort lauderdale . . . and will leave for camp/training (to Ga.) 1st week of sept.!!
    I don't get done with that till dec. 18th!!!
    This is a new begining and the START OF MY LIFE!!! . . .

in the next couple of weeks i really hope to ride with everyone i can down here in S. FLA!!!!!!!

ALSO SoFlaRiders!!!!!!!! i think i will be having a party SO PREPARE YOUR SELVES !!!! i live on a lake that connects to another!!!! plenty of space to open the skis up . . . and many other things !!!!!! boating . . bbq . . i have a little beach in the back . . and a pool!!!

Can I suggest that you DON'T hire any illegals, to bus tables at your party? Could be a promotion killer....

Kidding aside...congrats on your new career! You will be in position to protect us, every bit as much as our brave soldiers across the pond.

A tip of my hat, to you...!

Congrats on the new job!!! Maybe you can get stationed in the Keys. They do nothing down here, except take the dry foots to immigration. It's like a county club for Border Patrol here. As many people that make it to dry land here it's a wonder that the 'terrorists' don't take advantage of it for their smuggling operations. I see plenty of BP driving around all the time. Be safe in your new endeavors.

Now you just need to get them to put lights on your ski so you can partol the borders

+1
    thanks for all the wishes guys . . . it's a new step and def. time to look ahead . . i set goals for my self in life and this was one of them . . to have my career going by 22 . . . (right in the middle of being 22)
    yea i just need to get my foot in the door . . hopefully they will put some lights on the ski for me hahaha. . that would be an ultimate job !!! (actually is one of the next steps/goals) get in on the water with customs. . . already be taking care of the sea port and air port at Fort Lauderdale FL. .

I lived in the Ft. Lauderedale area from 1983 - 1994. Right after my divorce I moved in with a buddy of mine who just got a job with Customs. He had been in the Coast Guard previously. His first job was inspecting the sea containers coming into Port Everglades. After that he became the driver of Blue Thunder and chased drug running bad guys. Really cool stuff but not a job I would want. He got shot at often, and not by little guns.

Anyway, I used to go out partying with those guys occassionally and they could really tear up the town. I remember crashing through the barricade on the 17th St. causeway bridge as it was coming down one night. We were drunk as hell and when the police arrived, my friend whipped out his badge and they just told us to go straight home. Wild stuff.

Good luck with the new position. Could be a really cool job.

Thread Information