dont bash me on this one please

i have a 1982 kaw js440 i know not a yamaha but you guys have helped me through so much im sure you can help me through this
    its been running perfect then this weekend it didnt want to start but it finally did then it ran fine but seemed like it was getting hot the water out of the exhuast was more steam than water later on that day it was really hard to start
    that afternoon i was running it and it started bogging and died so i towed it in
    still turns over and tries to start(it would i think but i didnt let it )compression is 115-120 and i made sure all the water lines are clear

any ideas thanks Jason

come on guys any suggestions

Hmm, I would trying posting up in the Kawi section. Im not sure how many guys have Kawi experience on the Yamaha section of the forum.

+1
    water from the pump was checked? if it is like steam coming from the exhaust you are either not getting much water in your motor or you are leaking water into your exhaust or cylinders. have you tried running it on the hose?

BTW a motor is a motor

Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    water from the pump was checked? if it is like steam coming from the exhaust you are either not getting much water in your motor or you are leaking water into your exhaust or cylinders. have you tried running it on the hose?

BTW a motor is a motor
    True that

havent tried it on the hose yet
    ive been given another suggestion that it might be an air leak in the lower end like a crank seal or something causing it to go lean and overheat ....would also cause the hard starting i guess .....what do you guys thing sound possible
    will also be running it on the hose hopefully tommorrow thanks guys

jason

ok found a used motor in great shape
    got it installed and it runs when primed with gas but will not squirt gas from the carb this is the carb that was on the old motor and it ran fine pulled the ingoing line to the carb and put a little pressure on the tank and got gas from the line im really starting to get aggravated with this thing any suggestions

Thread Information