major stage 3 issues

hello i am curently running a 2007 rxp with the riva stage 3 kit dont know much about the kit has the riva ecu, the main problom it is having is code P1544``EXAHUST`` machine runs great 8500 rpm perfect for about 4 hrs random use, then the code will appear once, after it appears once it will always appear anytime after the 6700+rpm range but can run all day at 6500 rpm, so i went threw all hoses clamps etc nothing was kinked, checked the j pipe holes, had a mechanic go threw whole machine everything seems to be good, went for test ride code appeard right away after 7300 rpm, changed the exahust sensor machine ran great no code for about 4 hrs,then i was crusing about 8000 rpm code appeard, no its doin the same thing can drive all day 6500 rpm so it seems like its burning the sensor out or sumthing, when the mechanic was going threw the machine he also noticed that the inside of the manifold is melting so the exhaust is getting hot but once code appears is clears after re starting and is good to go again, i also flushed the intercooler and it seems to be flowing perfect, anybody experience anything like this

+1
    Innercooler Clogged Bypass The Innercooler Water Lines" Hook Them Together" Todd

Have the same ski with the same setup, except running a bkit.. I was told to drill out the three holes in the end of the j pipe that hooks into the water box.. I drilled them out a couple of mm bigger.. Problem fixed, this was after i checked my water lines and intercooler and strainer wasnt blocked.. Doing this mod alows a bit more water to keep the sensor cool which is in the water box.. You can unplug the sensor tie it to something plug the hole in the water box, and ride around a bit to see if thats the problem before you pull everything apart to drill out the holes..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Todd View Post
    Innercooler Clogged Bypass The Innercooler Water Lines" Hook Them Together" Todd
    i bypassed my intercooler water pipes, it made to much hot air and melted 2 pistons, take the intercooler off empty the water out and try to breath thru the water core pipes, if you can't breath at least 10 breaths then its partially blocked, flush it till you can breath easly thru it

+1
    BILL I DONNOT THINK BYPASSING YOUR INNERCOOLER MELTED YOUR PISTONS TODD

+1
    my intercooler was leaking water into the throttle body, so i blew all the water out and bypassed the hoses, i ran it for only 1/2 an hour, the rude charger creates to much boost to run without a cooler, therfore the top ring groves of the pistons started to lift as a result of to much hot boosted air entering the cylinders, i'm almost sure that was the cause

Thread Information