Thread: Carbs 95 SL750

Question Carbs 95 SL750

Ok first off I want to thank you all for your help in my issues and I think I have found my problem finally but wanted some input before I proceed further with my investigation on this.
    I took the ski out after re adjusting the carbs...the shop who had it had adjustments all wrong (backwards actually) They adjusted the lower as the higher and opposite...tho the skis ran both ways I am wondering if that is possible???
    Secondly upon my adjustments I found that the PTO was really tight and very hard to turn to make the adjustments...wondering why that is???
    Thirdly, the ski did not die but 2 times the whole day I was out, again on a left turn...it ran really well and was fast again then at the end of the day it started acting up again....I am wondering if it is possible that my adjustments just arent staying put and why if they aren't??? Any ideas or feed back on this would be appreciated...
    also wondering if there is a link to show me hpow to clean the MFD as I really ould like to be able to see the rpms and speed so I know better how to tune this thing...is there one here?? I looked and could not find.Thanks again all....ur help is always appreciated!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    There have been several threads covering MFD repair.

A bit tricky to search for, since the forum doesn't work when searching for three letter words. You have to search using words with four or more letters.

Christian79 did post a good MFD repair thread here.

This thread has additional info, including a better way of opening up the MFD shell.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyStarryEyed View Post
    Ok first off I want to thank you all for your help in my issues and I think I have found my problem finally but wanted some input before I proceed further with my investigation on this.
    I took the ski out after re adjusting the carbs...the shop who had it had adjustments all wrong (backwards actually) They adjusted the lower as the higher and opposite...tho the skis ran both ways I am wondering if that is possible??? Must be,you showed it could be done. So If the shop didn't adjust them right,I wouldn't trust anything they did.
    Secondly upon my adjustments I found that the PTO was really tight and very hard to turn to make the adjustments...wondering why that is???The threads can oxidize if left sitting or exposure. Again,if carbs were rebuilt,the screws should have moved easily.
    Thirdly, the ski did not die but 2 times the whole day I was out, again on a left turn...it ran really well and was fast again then at the end of the day it started acting up again....I am wondering if it is possible that my adjustments just arent staying put and why if they aren't??? Any ideas or feed back on this would be appreciated...Check to see if they've moved,if they have check for a spring that goes on the adjusting screwws to hold tension,so they stay in place.
    I don't like the "Started Acting Up Again" statement,what do you mean? Did you check the plugs and watch the wash pattern? Hope your not running lean and doing damage. The carb settings given are a starting point with everything else being good.
    also wondering if there is a link to show me hpow to clean the MFD as I really ould like to be able to see the rpms and speed so I know better how to tune this thing...is there one here?? I looked and could not find.Thanks again all....ur help is always appreciated!
    Let us know!

Thread Information