Thread: 2000 1200xl bog

2000 1200xl bog

bought a 1200 over the winter, ran it in the spring, would bailey run, rebuilt carbs, they where horrible, cleaned out fuel tank, reassembled, ski starts up & ran great, with a slight bog when you first hit it, accel pump i think, but after an hour or so, the ski started to bog badly & loose speed & rpms, almost like one carb stopped working it only got worst to the point you could only run it just above an idle, then all of a sudden it would get all its power back & jump up out of the water & go like heel & within a minute right back to bogging out, any suggestions on what the problem is ?

There is no winter in Hawaii! tnerb's Avatar
    Since the carbs have just been rebuilt, it almost sounds like an electrical issue. have you checked the grounds? a loose ground could give intermittent problems. otherwise I would check the fuel system. It sounds a little like a bogging problem that I had recently but mine was consistent. Is the ski stock or are there mods?

1200 bog

the ski is basicly stock, it has a d plate & chip & a ride plate, i will check the ground tonight & im going to try another set of plugs

Moderated
    it could also be carb or fuel related, were the carbs rebuilt by someone who knows what they were doing?

1200xl bog

yes they wher gonr thru & pop off psi set

There is no winter in Hawaii! tnerb's Avatar
    When the carbs were rebuilt were the low and high speed screws removed and cleaned out. I did mine and the tamper capes were still in place, did not pull the screws and my bogging no idle problem was still there. the second time I rebuilt pulled it all apart, pulled the tamper caps and screws, and rejetted the carbs and got rid of the factory airbox. Runs great now.

+1

Thumbs up Carbs???

+1 on the carbs..I would recheck, I just had a very similar situation with my ski and it was a diaphragm not opening...Good Luck...Carbs can be a pain in the [email protected]@!!!!!

the anti tamper caps where drilled out & the high & low screws wher removed the rebuild kit from yamaha comes with one set & the other set was reused, sounds like ill have to pull the carbs & recheck it is a pita!

Thread Information