Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Lafayette, Louisiana

I am looking for some good rides in Lafayette, LA and surround areas. A buddy is coming in from Orlando and bringing his ski. Any and all help is appreciated. Feel free to join in on the ride on the 26th of July. --jeremy

Banned User
    +1
    I used to live in Lafaytte....just off Congress. I would go to Morgan City, Amelia. Its about an hour away, but I really don't know of any areas around LFT. You could go down to Intercoastal city.....

+1
    I thought about the bayous back behind the radar run area. Thanks man. I am located right in the middle of the state in Pineville/Alexandria, LA. My buddy is driving in from Orlando to see his parents and bringing his ski and wanted to get close to Lafayette so he didn't have to drive all over. If we have to drive, we have to drive. Any other ideas?

Banned User
    +1
    Might also have a look at Lake Bigeux. It located about 20minutes east of town on I-10, on the west side of the Atchafalaya Swamp. Watch for gators though. Didn't have a ski when I lived there. Also, Jerry hangs around Morgan City/Amelia. That's only 1hour 15 minutes from LFT down 90 towards NOLA.

There's also Lake Chuck(charles), about one hour west of LFT.....

Use google earth/map and take a look around and see what you can see. Louisiana, at least the southern part, is mosly water. Question then is do you wanna ride in salt water or fresh water.
    Last edited by iflyems; 07-15-2008 at 03:29 PM.

+1
    Yeah, I went to MB this year and it was awesome. I made a run in the bayous back behind the radar run. It was awesome with the winding bayous. That is what I am looking for, just a little closer to home. I am in Central Louisiana (Pineville/Alexandria), so Lafayette is already 1.5 hours drive for me as it is. I was hoping to find something in that area. to keep my drive at a minimum.

Amite River 2.25 hours
    Amelia 3.3 hours

I will look into Lake Bigeux, but looking more for a river/bayou. Thanks for the info.

Banned User
    +1
    Try looking around New River just north and a little west of Baton Rouge.

+1
    "False River" in New Roads, LA? Yeah i saw that too. I am looking more for a river/bayou. False River is a lake, where the Mississippi River once flowed.

+1
    Maybe a stupid thought, but how about the Calcaseau? You could ride around lake charles up to Moss bluff? Is that too far west for you guys?

+1
    I have not heard anything ab out it. Have you been there? I know Billy and I have mentioned getting some Louisiana/Texas members on a ride in the Lake Charles area. Got Calcaseau info? Where to launch etc. I will Google Earth it and have a peek.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    I have not heard anything ab out it. Have you been there? I know Billy and I have mentioned getting some Louisiana/Texas members on a ride in the Lake Charles area. Got Calcaseau info? Where to launch etc. I will Google Earth it and have a peek.
    I have put in on I-10 at the Lake Charles bridge and rode about 5 miles north on the Calcaseau but went no further since I did not know the area. I have also gone south through the lake and out towards the intercoastal. Contact aceofd1amonds. He lives in Lake Charles and should know the are well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information