Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC/VA line
    Posts
    41

    what's am i missing for my 08 HO?

    i've done the free flow exhaust, velocity stacks and K&N filter. The HO has about 25 hours and stays dead even with my buddies moddled 15f (62/63 mph).

    Are there little things i can do without replacing the ride plate, intake and solas? I want to wait until the warranty expires before adding those in 2009.

    i did the 10 hour service so the plug gaps are exact, etc.


  2. #2
    BarBayBULL BAR BAY H.O.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Barnegat Bay
    Posts
    1,341
    What do you mean by the K&N filter?

    That seems about right.
    Stock the 15f is at 61mph and the HO is at 59. He has mods so that will get him at 62+ depending on what hes got.
    Your HO should beat him in rough water.
    You can try silicone on the plate holes for a cheap easy mod.
    I think the velocity stacks and free flow exhaust will void warranty just as easy as new prop and grates.

    Your HO will also get faster.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC/VA line
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by BAR BAY H.O. View Post
    What do you mean by the K&N filter?

    That seems about right.
    Stock the 15f is at 61mph and the HO is at 59. He has mods so that will get him at 62+ depending on what hes got.
    Your HO should beat him in rough water.
    You can try silicone on the plate holes for a cheap easy mod.
    I think the velocity stacks and free flow exhaust will void warranty just as easy as new prop and grates.

    Your HO will also get faster.
    Riva's powerfilter is just a K&N with Riva stamped on it.

    what type of silicon goes on the plate holes? Do you apply it from below? How does it remain in place to dry or is it putty like?

  4. #4
    ecpChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ocean county nj
    Posts
    2,912
    +1
    427
    Don't use silicone in ride plate holes. Use JB quick weld. First put a piece of small rope around the bolt hole then a small piece of duct tape over that. Fill with JB quick weld and sand flush

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC/VA line
    Posts
    41
    is the rope and tape so you can remove the JB weld and get to the bolts? I recall that JB is tough to remove. what happens when you need to remove the plate?

  6. #6
    ecpChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ocean county nj
    Posts
    2,912
    +1
    427
    yes that is what it is for. the jb weld comes out if u take a hole punch or something similar and whack it with a hammer

  7. #7
    "Hustler" Inkaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,712
    +1
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    is the rope and tape so you can remove the JB weld and get to the bolts? I recall that JB is tough to remove. what happens when you need to remove the plate?
    I actually use small zip ties and cut the excess off... than put duct tape over it and then the JB quick... Its real easy to tap the JB with a screw driver and hammer... Pops rite out.

  8. #8
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    good info guys..gonna have to try it

  9. #9
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,158
    +1
    600

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by BAR BAY H.O. View Post
    What do you mean by the K&N filter?

    That seems about right.
    Stock the 15f is at 61mph and the HO is at 59. He has mods so that will get him at 62+ depending on what hes got.
    Your HO should beat him in rough water.
    You can try silicone on the plate holes for a cheap easy mod.
    I think the velocity stacks and free flow exhaust will void warranty just as easy as new prop and grates.

    Your HO will also get faster.
    The only way a aftermarket part will void warranty , and this is from a warranty point of view.

    If the aftermarket part is DIRECTLY responsible for the failure, then warranty claim will be void due to modification clauses.

    So at the end of the day how can ride plate, props, stacks cause engine damage , as long as they are installed correctly and no bolts come off and go into the engine they will hurt nothing.

    this is the only way OEM's can void a claim.

    just cause you got a ride plate , wont make the injectors fail or fuel pump sh.t it self, as a example.

    Warren

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    i've done the free flow exhaust, velocity stacks and K&N filter. The HO has about 25 hours and stays dead even with my buddies moddled 15f (62/63 mph).

    Are there little things i can do without replacing the ride plate, intake and solas? I want to wait until the warranty expires before adding those in 2009.

    i did the 10 hour service so the plug gaps are exact, etc.
    THE LETTER S

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What's missing for my 2010 RXP-X
    By smkondwtr in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 07:37 PM
  2. What's a fair price for an 08 RXTX?
    By Mark S in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 10:54 PM
  3. what is the best rideplate for my riva?
    By thomase87 in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 10:56 AM
  4. What is a good price for an '08 250x?
    By TruStud in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 04:14 PM
  5. What is the best strainer for my riva intercooler
    By RXPNJ in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 09:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •