+1

Need help with a GTI wont do anything.

I have a problem with a 2003 GTI fuel injected 800 boat. I pulled it out of the water to put it away for the week and started it up for a few on the trailer to get the water out of it.. Just blipped it lightly a couple of times and pulled the lanyard... covered it up and left it till the following Friday... Plugged in the lanyard and didn't get the two chirps. just heard a click in the ski when the lanyard got close to its plug... thought the battery was dead... Charged it up and nothing changed... Put a brand new battery in and it did the very same thing... No chirps when the lanyard was plugged in and of course nothing came on.

And idea what could be the problem???? really stumped here.

+1
    anybody got any ideas????? really lost here.... does a 2003 have fuses anywhere?

There are fuses. I have just quickly checked into the manual and it recommends checking the 5A fuse on the MPEM as it controls the start/stop functioning. It could be a ground problem too. Check all the grounds you can find and clean or repair as needed.
    Last edited by Schwarzenegger; 07-18-2008 at 04:52 PM.

+1
    Ok had a chance to finally look at this ski and found the fuse panel under an oblong watertite box... Mounted right on the electrical box at the front of the ski.... There were two blown fuses... A 10 amp one on the bottom and a 5 amp one two fuses up. There were a total of 7 or 8 fuses in this box.. All were really hard to remove... Stuck real tite... Replaced fuses and the ski now runs fine...

If you get a ski where when you plug the lanyard in and you don't get the chirp chirp, chances are its just a blown fuse or two...

Wanted to update this post for the information...

Glad ya got it...had to be a fuse! I recommend using the shut off swith rather than pulling the lanyard off the post, especially while blipping/revving. Had a similar thing happen on a GTS...girl cranked it before we put it in the water-ya know to make sure its gonna crank- yanked the lanyard...in the water-squat...had blown 2 or 3 fuses as well if I recall.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by CARLRRE View Post
    Ok had a chance to finally look at this ski and found the fuse panel under an oblong watertite box... Mounted right on the electrical box at the front of the ski.... There were two blown fuses... A 10 amp one on the bottom and a 5 amp one two fuses up. There were a total of 7 or 8 fuses in this box.. All were really hard to remove... Stuck real tite... Replaced fuses and the ski now runs fine...

If you get a ski where when you plug the lanyard in and you don't get the chirp chirp, chances are its just a blown fuse or two...

Wanted to update this post for the information...
    I'm not sure what the 10 amp goes to as I've never owned a RFI, but fuses rarely blow for no reason. One "maybe", but two? Don't expect it to run long, take it out with a bud and a tow rope for a test ride.

Thread Information