Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need suggestions!!

Hi Guys

My 08 RXP-X has now Riva stg1 with 15/22 prop..The weather is hot here...112-115F

And here is my current rans

with 83mm nozzle
    max RPM: 7780-7800
    map speed :70-71mph

------

with 82mm nozzle
    maz rpm: 7880-7900
    max speed: 73-72

Is that normal?...Actully i need to be faster

Right now i intend to get re-pitching prop by Eric and 4" intake..What else i can get ?

I read somewhere about drilling intake grate or ride plate.....etc

Where can i find this info ? will it useful ?

Thanks

+1
    Your RPM went up as the nozzle size went down? That doesn't make sense. Anyway, I would try the stock nozzle to get your RPM up. Ideally, you want to see 8000-8040 RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    Your RPM went up as the nozzle size went down? That doesn't make sense. Anyway, I would try the stock nozzle to get your RPM up. Ideally, you want to see 8000-8040 RPM.
    +1

Also, how about searching for the holes thing. Search for "buck" if "rideplate holes" or "intake grate holes" doesn't turn up anything. Or how about just look at posts on the first page of this forum. I just posted info and a pic 2 minutes ago. There's even a sticky post that's like "WARNING X OWNERS BLA BLA" at the top of the post list every time you enter the "4-Tec performance forum".

Sorry... don't mean to be a C0CK, but I (as well as others) have posted info and pics on this time and time again. I want to help others as I have received much help from other members, but come on! I'm lazy and have asked some n00B questions but as I have learned from others, most questions can be answered by searching or just reading different threads on this forum.

It's absolutly amazing how much I have learned, not just about Sea-Doos, but all jet-pump propelled craft just by lurking around this place. Interesting stuff for sure.

-=Mike G.
    Last edited by Mikey G.; 07-15-2008 at 06:01 PM.

OH.. ok.. I've cooled down (was getting pissed at work people bothering me while I'm trying to post.)

The 15/22R and nozzle are meant to be used with the extra power that an aftermarket air intake would provide. I gained almost 200RPM just by getting the 3" Riva air intake, making it necessary to get a 15/22R just to try and bring down my RPMs. Of course I ordered the Riva "Free-Flow" exhaust for $80 too, so I may "need" to run a reduction nozzle to bring the RPMs down even further.... wait... no I won't, I'll just re-pitch the prop instead (not looking for a ton of top speed, I would rather have the holeshot and accelleration).

Your HOT A$$ weather is not helping you either. I would either go back to the stock 86.7mm nozzle, or get an aftermarket air intake and see where that puts you. Then go from there unless you want to just throw $$$ at the problem. I don't think drill the holes will change your RPM or effect your speed much. Now.. if you were closer to 80mph, than maybe you'de get a couple tenths of a mph.

Keep us posted. And sorry for the rant.

-=Mike G.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey G. View Post
    +1

Also, how about searching for the holes thing. Search for "buck" if "rideplate holes" or "intake grate holes" doesn't turn up anything. Or how about just look at posts on the first page of this forum. I just posted info and a pic 2 minutes ago. There's even a sticky post that's like "WARNING X OWNERS BLA BLA" at the top of the post list every time you enter the "4-Tec performance forum".

Sorry... don't mean to be a C0CK, but I (as well as others) have posted info and pics on this time and time again. I want to help others as I have received much help from other members, but come on! I'm lazy and have asked some n00B questions but as I have learned from others, most questions can be answered by searching or just reading different threads on this forum.

It's absolutly amazing how much I have learned, not just about Sea-Doos, but all jet-pump propelled craft just by lurking around this place. Interesting stuff for sure.

-=Mike G.
    hear hear thats my boy

+1
    [quote=Mikey G.;719951]OH.. ok.. I've cooled down (was getting pissed at work people bothering me while I'm trying to post.)
    LMAO

OH.. ok.. I've cooled down (was getting pissed at work people bothering me while I'm trying to post.)

The 15/22R and nozzle are meant to be used with the extra power that an aftermarket air intake would provide. I gained almost 200RPM just by getting the 3" Riva air intake, making it necessary to get a 15/22R just to try and bring down my RPMs. Of course I ordered the Riva "Free-Flow" exhaust for $80 too, so I may "need" to run a reduction nozzle to bring the RPMs down even further.... wait... no I won't, I'll just re-pitch the prop instead (not looking for a ton of top speed, I would rather have the holeshot and accelleration).

Your HOT A$$ weather is not helping you either. I would either go back to the stock 86.7mm nozzle, or get an aftermarket air intake and see where that puts you. Then go from there unless you want to just throw $$$ at the problem. I don't think drill the holes will change your RPM or effect your speed much. Now.. if you were closer to 80mph, than maybe you'de get a couple tenths of a mph.

Keep us posted. And sorry for the rant.

-=Mike G.

It is ok man.. I appreciate it and sorry for bothering u and other members.

Fow now i will try stock nozzle and wont drilling

Thanks fo help

Quote Originally Posted by FreakRXP1200 View Post
    It is ok man.. I appreciate it and sorry for bothering u and other members.
    So sorry to you. The "tone" in that first response of mine is not the norm here. We all are more than happy to help. I try to answer the questions that I have had in the past myself, hoping to lessen the load on the more advanced members. It's nice too because those more experienced members will correct someone if they state incorrect info. I spend between 1-4+ hours a day on GH prob. 4 days a week(sometimes longer), just reading and learning (and asking questions when I can't find an answer).

Ask away, that's what we're here for. But do try and search, or just read around. You may find the answer to your questions faster than waiting for someone to respond.

-=Mike G.

So sorry to you. The "tone" in that first response of mine is not the norm here. We all are more than happy to help. I try to answer the questions that I have had in the past myself, hoping to lessen the load on the more advanced members. It's nice too because those more experienced members will correct someone if they state incorrect info. I spend between 1-4+ hours a day on GH prob. 4 days a week(sometimes longer), just reading and learning (and asking questions when I can't find an answer).

Ask away, that's what we're here for. But do try and search, or just read around. You may find the answer to your questions faster than waiting for someone to respond.

-=Mike G.
    Will do !!

I always searching but the problem that my english is not %100 and i couldn't understand every TECH thing.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by FreakRXP1200 View Post
    I always searching but the problem that my english is not %100 and i couldn't understand every TECH thing.
    Your English is better than a lot of people in this country.

-=Mike G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information