tweakable impellers ?????????????

Can supercharged impeller fans be tweaked"can the psi be improved" has any body heard of this being done??????????

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    Can supercharged impeller fans be tweaked"can the psi be improved" has any body heard of this being done??????????
    I don't think it could be done.. Fins would most likely break when force is applied..

+1
    plus I'm sure they are balanced. Adjusting a blade could possibly throw it off. I personally would not do it. ...if your planning....

+1
    Agreed, not possible to tweak the SC impellers. What some people have done is to shim the impeller to get it closer to the housing, or milled the housing to reduce clearance between the impeller and the housing. That can result in higher boost, but is risky even when machined correctly ... I don't think anyone does that anymore, it increases the risk of impeller touchdowns. Best just to upgrade the SC/impeller to a higher boost setup instead.

i think the same but i have been told that this is being done and on a regular basis,but im suspicious that whats being sold is not what it seems.Im gona dig a bit deeper see what i can find out from this"reputable company"

so if this was being done by "GARY THE LARGER" would it be fair to say quality control becomes an issue?

Banned User
    i think the same but i have been told that this is being done and on a regular basis,but im suspicious that whats being sold is not what it seems.Im gona dig a bit deeper see what i can find out from this"reputable company"

Maybe someone confused pump impeller with SC impeller?

Banned User
    so if this was being done by "GARY THE LARGER" would it be fair to say quality control becomes an issue?
    I've never heard of this person or his service.. If it was possible you would have heard about it here..

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    I've never heard of this person or his service.. If it was possible you would have heard about it here..
    thats my name 4 the guy,For now,what i ment was these fans might be being sold as tweaked "ie you would pay more bucks for a super dooper fan than a normal ugraded fan " with the possabilty of them acutually having been machined or ground or whatever it is that the do to them or not.Every things a bit grey at the mo but im gona dig away till im satisfied whats being sold and as what.

Thread Information