2007 Sea Doo 3D DI fuel problems

I purchased for my wife last year a new 2007 3D DI. The first time out it sunk. This was a brand spanking new machine that sunk about a mile from the dock. (It didn't sink to the bottom, but it was decks awash.) Needless to say we were not too happy. We took it back to the dealer and they fixed the problem. Something with the muffler resonator not hooked up and it pumped water into the engine compartment. Anyway, after that the problem we've been having is that the machine will act like its running out of gas or has water in the gas after riding it for about 10 minutes. This only happens at altitude though (2400'). It doesn't seem to be a problem closer to sea level. We've tried new plugs and isopropel alcohol to get rid of any water in the gas. It doesn't seem to help much. The dealer hooks it up to the computer and keeps saying there's nothing wrong with it. We've had it in twice for the problem. Any suggestions? We've told them we want a new rig, but that goes over like a turd in punch bowl. Thanks, Ted

go in and DEMAND a new mahine. your machine sank due to their neglect or mfg. neglect, needless to say your brand new machine was cursed from the get go. dont take no for an answer. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by MysssticGhost View Post
    go in and DEMAND a new mahine. your machine sank due to their neglect or mfg. neglect, needless to say your brand new machine was cursed from the get go. dont take no for an answer. good luck
    Well its nice to believe its a perfect world but It aint. You can yell till your blue in the face. 1. Boat is out of print dont make them wont make them and its even hrd to get some parts for the 3D. 2. Cant show them problem there is no problem. 3. Its a wet riding boat most tech's wont jump at the chance to water test it. How are they going to trouble shoot it at altitude?

Now enough negative.. You are going to have to help the shop help you. 1st develope a relationship with the Service tech and Manager get to know them and talk to them not at them dont. They know they need to help you if you are ever going to return. Demanding will get you nothing. I have seen it first hand.
    1 Try to figure out what is happening. Listen Smell Feel observe... You may laugh but thats all they are going to do. Buds can only find problems that efect a sensor. Does it only do it at altitude or is it just a coincidence? Is the fuel pump running when it happens? Does it sound different. Ride it your self when it happens make it happen. You need to have information to help the Rep find the problem. /then document document document. Day time where it happend and also the dealer visits Who did you talk to what they said , what they did. Then if you cant get it fixed you have done you best and you have it all documented. So if you can use the lemon Law then its all on paper. BRP is a pain for the dealer to deal with and they have to if they wwant to get paid for your repairs and to replace it the Factory will send out a tech. Its a long process but you can make it hard or harder. People help friends they Screw Asholes.

I have never seen a DI 3D I got the training on the RFI but the DI came out when I was out of the loop.. CAn you access the top of your fuel tank nd remove the hose for the fill. Then syphon out all the fuel and clean out the tank if you find water in the bottom then replace the fuel filter and try again.

The DI has fuel pressures that change with combustion chamber pressures. It needs Air pressure high enough to atomize the fuel and inject it into the cumbustion chamber just before ignition. It varys and the fuel pressure needs to be high also. You might get them to run a fuel pressure check both cranking and static. The fuel pump runs as soon as the lanyard is connected. It should keep pressure after its pulled and when the engine turns over it climbs to keep up with air pressure in the air system. I would say change the fuel filter but they are very expencive and pressure in the system would make a jury rig dangerous

I saw one DI that was having probems but it would only doit in the Surf. The owner turned in to a monster. Ran perfect when we rode it. But he would only get a few minutes before it would drop a cylinder when he rode it... It turned out to be a small hole in the sparkplug boot from a pair of pliers being used to get the boot off the plug. As soon as he would get a little water in the hull and it splashed up on the plugs the spark would leak out the hole to ground and boom the plug would stop fireing...It took some good techs a long time to find it..

wow, I'ts got every wire & connector, even the "waterproof" ones totally wet, and not dried out properly, you must take it all apart and dry out, even use some electrical wire dryer spray, and dran that tank for gods sake, are you telling us the dealer didn't even drain & clean it?

lots of luck, TLR

Thread Information