Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sold The 1995 Sp And Got A 1995 Gts Three Seater! Good?

Sold my 1995 SP and got the 1995 GTS three seater. Has reverse, neutral and a fuel guage. Low hours on it. Seems really nice. Don't know much about waverunners. This my second one in a week! Drove the SP and decided I needed a bigger one and came across this one. $1,250. Is that a good price? Anything to be aware of on this one that I wasn't aware of on the SP? Thanks!

Any replies? Is this a good machine? 5 more hp than an SP. Just would like some feedback if you are familiar with the machine. Thanks for any replies!!!!

Banned User
    Not a bad price if it runs okay.

Everything that breaks on an SP breaks the same way on a GTS. So think of it as "nothing surprises me now" or "double the pain".

Quote Originally Posted by JPX View Post
    Not a bad price if it runs okay.

Everything that breaks on an SP breaks the same way on a GTS. So think of it as "nothing surprises me now" or "double the pain".
    Why does your statement not make me feel too confident in this ride? I only owned the SP a week, what do I look for to keep it in shape and keep it reliable?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by CENA View Post
    Why does your statement not make me feel too confident in this ride? I only owned the SP a week, what do I look for to keep it in shape and keep it reliable?
    proper maintenence. look it over after every use. If you see a part that my be failing replace it. sometimes, depending wat it is, if you dont fix it ,it will affect other things. ex: exhaust manifold gasket.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by CENA View Post
    Hey not trying to scare you. Just means that they are very similar in how they work, how they should be maintained and how they are repaired.

A couple of headliners I'd work on to prevent problems if they aren't already becoming problems:
    - Replace all gray fuel hose with standard black fuel hose (non-fuel injected auto hose 1/4 is fine, but you can also get the pricier reinforced-fuel injection rated US Coast Guard approved marine grade hose as well)
    - Clean out the fuel selector valve
    - Plan on either cleaning the internal filters to the carbs or better yet rebuilding the carbs.
    - Make sure the exhaust manifold bolts are secured and aren't loose.
    - Check the electrical boxes periodically for water infiltration.

None of this stuff is really expensive or difficult. But if you DON'T do it, you will have a sputtering engine in the water or a boat that won't start.

Wouldn't you rather know your Seadoo was ready for the season up front rather than at a crowded boat ramp? These are good boats - just need to make sure you fix or prepare to fix the more common problems.

Will do! I did notice a little sputter at slow speed when I took it out. But by the end of the day it was gone. It ran great! Are there any performance mods I can do to it to make it more powerful? What about boreing it out? Would that be safe to do? Are there any simple mods I can do to it? Thanks!

+1
    probly need to clean the carbs. just because its shiney on the outside, doesnt mean the same inside the motor or carbs. Pull the carbs and clean...its not that hard of a job. Boring the cylinders out wont help. you may want to get flame arrestors and some different jetting. a reduction nozzle would help too. those are some easy upgrades that are relativly cheap and will allow you to ride more than wrenching.

Thanks again. What will the flame arrestors and nozzle reduction do? What is the nozzle reduction? What about a K and N air filter?

+1
    the air filters are Flame Arrestors.( you can see them in my avitar above the exhaust) K&N's are ok. I have Tau-Ceti's, some people use Fly's and Prok's. they are all about the same price. If you do this you need to re-jet the carbs(its easy dont worry) You wiil get a little better response out of the ski and the reduction nozzle is the jet out of the back that pushes all the water out for purpulsion. the smaller the jet creates more top end speed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information