Thread: To Airbornexp

To Airbornexp

Hello, I had the 1995 SP with the oil leak problem you helped me on last week. Well, I sold it and bought a 1995 GTS. Is that the same motor? The SP was 55hp and the GTS is 60hp. I' am confused a little over it. Is it true there are not many of these 3 seaters out there? It is very clean and runs great! When I looked at it I felt all over in that engine compartment and no oil anywhere. Really decent shape. What are your views on it, please? Thank you!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by CENA View Post
    Hello, I had the 1995 SP with the oil leak problem you helped me on last week. Well, I sold it and bought a 1995 GTS. Is that the same motor? The SP was 55hp and the GTS is 60hp. I' am confused a little over it. Is it true there are not many of these 3 seaters out there? It is very clean and runs great! When I looked at it I felt all over in that engine compartment and no oil anywhere. Really decent shape. What are your views on it, please? Thank you!
    yep, same motor. There are plenty of three seaters out there. Probly more GTX's than STS's, bit I could be wrong. I believe that they also made a two seater GTS or GTI...i cant remember. it will be slower than the SP though.
    When buying a PWC you should always try to get compression numbers. Its kinda the tell-all of what kind of shape the motor is in. Look along the bottom to see if it has ever been run aground, whats the impeller look like, ect. If the motor compartment is too clean there may be something that the guy isnt telling you. Always ask for a test drive.
    You may also have to dive into this motor also. has it been updated? Fuel lines replacment, carb cleaning, fuel filter cleaning ect, ect.
    post some pictures of the new toy too....Whats the wife think about this one? Your addicted to Sea-Doo now aren't you?

Took it out today, and it ran flawless!! Had my wife and two of my kids on it! I figured the two kids would be about the size of one adult weight wise. We had plenty of room on it! A mechanic looked it over and said it is in excellent condition! I will post pictures when I get a chance! Yes, it is a little slower than the SP. But, the wife loves it!! She had a good time on it. She didn't like the SP, definatley not as stable as this GTS. I think we will be keeping this one!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by CENA View Post
    Took it out today, and it ran flawless!! Had my wife and two of my kids on it! I figured the two kids would be about the size of one adult weight wise. We had plenty of room on it! A mechanic looked it over and said it is in excellent condition! I will post pictures when I get a chance! Yes, it is a little slower than the SP. But, the wife loves it!! She had a good time on it. She didn't like the SP, definatley not as stable as this GTS. I think we will be keeping this one!
    yea the SP is like a street bike. The GTS is definitly a family ski.

Thread Information