New Michigan PWC law

+1
    "The bill's new requirements for minimum age won't take effect until 2011, according to Stakoe."

I guess the kids are all pissed...

"Moss said he was in favor of raising the minimum age, but is "definitely opposed" to extending the hours of operation because the noise from the watercraft being present for longer periods of time "disrespects the rights of everyone else but 'jet skiers.'"

What crock... this guy must be living in the 80's, PWC around here are more quiet than many outboards.
    Last edited by YoYamma; 07-16-2008 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    "Moss said he was in favor of raising the minimum age, but is "definitely opposed" to extending the hours of operation because the noise from the watercraft being present for longer periods of time "disrespects the rights of everyone else but 'jet skiers.'"

What crock... this guy must be living in the 80's, PWC around here are more quiet than many outboards.
    No, not a crock here in MI. I'm willing to bet $$$ that most PWC are models prior to 1999. Where I park my ski there are 22 skis or so. Only about 5 are models newer than the year 2000. And there are only 3 4 strokes. I have the loudest ski of them all with my GH waterbox, probably the loudest ski on the lake I ride at (10,000sq. acre lake). That being said I don't think PWC noise is as much of an issue as it's cracked up to be. The biggest noise problem in my opinion are the Baja and other similar type boats with above the water exhaust. No way can you hear a 2 stroke whine over those. And near me they run til after sunset!!! BAN THE BAJAS FROM RIDING LATE!!!

Geez, when I saw the thread title, "New Michigan PWC Law" I was thinking some nutjob politician got the bright idea to ban all PWCs or something

Thread Information