compression on 95 slx

Just got a compression check done. The mag was 140, middle 125, and pto was 130. I was taking the shaft out to replace bearings, shaft items, and impellar for a cost of 800 dollars. Is the cost fair and should I go ahead and rebuild the motor or is it safe through summer? Just curious.
    Thanks for all imput.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ercoach View Post
    Just got a compression check done. The mag was 140, middle 125, and pto was 130. I was taking the shaft out to replace bearings, shaft items, and impellar for a cost of 800 dollars. Is the cost fair and should I go ahead and rebuild the motor or is it safe through summer? Just curious.
    Thanks for all imput.
    STOP----- 800 BUCKS for what now??
    a savy shopper can find a ski for 900
    hell take the 800 from "pump rebuid" and any money you would use to rebiuld the motor,,and make this guy an offer http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/boa/753767338.html
    mattman

WHile thats kinda true, I'd say its worth fixing. Try and find a nice slx for anywhere near how much its going to cost him to make these repairs.

fix

Should I do all the work myself and save some money. I really like the ski and spending some money on is not bad. How much do you think it would cost to do it myself. I think their charging way too much but I may be wrong. Should I go ahead and rebuild the engine. Thanks

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ercoach View Post
    Should I do all the work myself and save some money. yesI really like the ski and spending some money on is not bad. How much do you think it would cost to do it myself 1/2. I think their charging way too much but I may be wrong. Should I go ahead and rebuild the engineno. Thanks
    i would post a "WTB" in the clasified for what you need :complete pump and shaft w/prop ,,,ect,,,,,,
    YOU can do it,,,,we can help
    mattman

+1
    I have pump Parts

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Compression is a little further apart than we'd like to see, but I'd run it till she quits.

As for the pump stuff, do it yourself. I'd say less than half the cost of having it done. AND it's the easiest thing to do IMO.

fix

I think I will bring it home from the shop and try to do this baby by myself. I know with all the quality guys here we can get it fixed.
    I apprecaite all the imput. I guess when I get it back I will be bugging all for advise to fix this thing. Thank God we have this sight. I would be without a favorite ski.

Thread Information