Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FX SHO sound vs Seadoo RX series?

Sorry for all the questions, I don't have a Yamaha dealer by me and haven't seen an FX SHO on my lake yet. What does the FX SHO sound like? Is it louder or quieter than a RXP? Idling/Take Off/Cruising

Although some probably like the sound of power, I like the quietness of the stock Seadoo RX line.

+1
    Stock SHOs are pretty quiet. Almost can't hear it idling when it's in the water. You can easily have a conversation with someone while idling as long as they're not on a 2 stroke. lol

Search rip'n'tear's posts in this forum. He has lost of videos documenting his mods before and after. He has the free flow exhaust on his which makes it much louder. I actually prefer the FF mod. Sounds tougher.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterzx225 View Post
    Sorry for all the questions, I don't have a Yamaha dealer by me and haven't seen an FX SHO on my lake yet. What does the FX SHO sound like? Is it louder or quieter than a RXP? Idling/Take Off/Cruising

Although some probably like the sound of power, I like the quietness of the stock Seadoo RX line.
    Quiet...very quiet..if you like the X's your gonna love this motor!

Where do you ride?

ski's

I live in Minnesota, I used to be into stand up jetski's as a kid, but kinda grew out of it and spent more time fishing. Now that i'm older, i'm buying some new toys. Just sold my old Polaris, so now i'm looking at new ski's. It's between the FX SHO & RXT

Have both- (kinda)

SHO is the way to go -imo-

Much easier to handle than doo-
    Doo seems a handfull over 50mph-- SHO is girls ski in comparison-

SHO has cruise- wake mode- better reverse response-
    Fuel is similar- SHO - a little more- but has more capacity.
    More storage in doo
    Doo seems better made-
    Doo has better "gauges"
    ----Stupid trip meter on sho- resets to 0 every time you shut off engine--------------( USELESS )

I own a p-x and my friend bought a new FXSHO. If you're looking to just cruise around, get the SHO. It's a LOT bigger in feel and isn't as twitchy on the throttle. In smooth water, I ran his down and flew by him, but he is a ski-length behind in choppier water. My p-x is a lot more fun (imo) and I can throw it around easier.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimstylus View Post
    I own a p-x and my friend bought a new FXSHO. If you're looking to just cruise around, get the SHO. It's a LOT bigger in feel and isn't as twitchy on the throttle. In smooth water, I ran his down and flew by him, but he is a ski-length behind in choppier water. My p-x is a lot more fun (imo) and I can throw it around easier.
    When u say choppier water, care to be more specific? I ride offshore (2-4ft chop with swells) with an RXP, and unless there is something crazy different about the P-X hull, the RXP is porpoising and sucking air way too much to outrun my SHO...sry. If u beat the SHO, it was either small 'chop" or u had an inexperienced rider or it was over a very short distance.......

Both r great boats and both have advantages/disadvantages.......P-x is fastest straight-line boat on the water right now.........if it is just u riding, u live on a flat lake and want to drag-race every1 u encounter, like a wet-ride, want huge-aftermarket capability, like wave/wake jumping/spinning, and dont mind reduced reliability....go with the P-X.

But if u ride where there is any chop (esp 2-4 ft), family is going to be riding the ski or u have passengers, if u want increased reliabilty and utility of the ski, if ur going to be doing any cruising or towing, if u want the grunt of an 1800 cc torque monster engine that will have the ability to dominate ALL once the aftermarket designs an ECU, if u want 'cruise-control' and 'no-wake mode' and a much drier ride, and if u want to hook turns at 65 mph (the SHO can take any turn u throw at it...the handling is that good).....then get the SHO

Click my link and check the videos on holeshot, fly-bye, buoycarving, IC no-wake zone ends, and offshore....will give u a good idea of the capabilities of the ski..........good luck with whatever pwc u decide to get.....enjoy!!!!
    Last edited by Rip'nTear SHO; 07-17-2008 at 03:16 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    When u say choppier water, care to be more specific? I ride offshore (2-4ft chop with swells) with an RXP, and unless there is something crazy different about the P-X hull, the RXP is porpoising and sucking air way too much to outrun my SHO...sry. If u beat the SHO, it was either small 'chop" or u had an inexperienced rider or it was over a very short distance.......

Both r great boats and both have advantages/disadvantages.......P-x is fastest straight-line boat on the water right now.........if it is just u riding, u live on a flat lake and want to drag-race every1 u encounter, like a wet-ride, want huge-aftermarket capability, like wave/wake jumping/spinning, and dont mind reduced reliability....go with the P-X.

But if u ride where there is any chop (esp 2-4 ft), family is going to be riding the ski or u have passengers, if u want increased reliabilty and utility of the ski, if ur going to be doing any cruising or towing, if u want the grunt of an 1800 cc torque monster engine that will have the ability to dominate ALL once the aftermarket designs an ECU, if u want 'cruise-control' and 'no-wake mode', and if u want to hook turns at 65 mph (the SHO can take any turn u throw at it...the handling is that good).....then get the SHO

Click my link and check the videos on holeshot, fly-bye, buoycarving, and offshore....will give u a good idea of the capabilities of the ski..........good luck with whatever pwc u decide to get.....enjoy!!!!
    Oh, and did he mention that he lovesssss his ski!??

+1
    I'm with rip'n'tear on that one.

I've ridden with an RXP and in any chop I usually start pulling.

Also don't forget, an unmodded SHO runs on the cheap gas. 87 octane.

I ride at Lake of the Ozarks, MO which get's pretty rough in certain parts, so for me there was really no other option, considering I've never owned anything but Yamaha skis.

The Rxt-x isnt a bad option they are second fastest rough water ski only second to th 250x , and the fastest 3 seater on flat water its hard to beat that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information