Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do '08 boats have metal washers?

Hey names adam this is my first post. Just bought an 08' speedster 150 sc and was wondering if anyone with an 08 boat took out the supercharger yet to see what washer were in there? I asked the dealer about it before I bought the boat and he asked around and told me that they(seadoo) fixed the problem for 08 and that it was only really the skis that were having the problems in the first place. Just want to see what any one has found. thanks

I was talking to a Seadoo boat dealer down in Houston, and he was surprised that I knew about the ceramic washers (thanks to all the posts on here). He stated that they (Seadoo) switched to Titanium washers on the 2008 supercharged motors, and the reason for the 'failures' was from over-tightening the washers? (didn't quite understand that). He said out of all the boats they sold, only (3) came back with the washer problems.

If he is a good salesman, he will tell me whatever he thinks I want to hear, so take that previous comment with a grain of salt. The experts on here will be able to provide you with more credible information.

+1
    All 08 SC'd watercraft have metal washers.

Someone with an '08 boat already took his SC out and it had ceramic washers. I'm thinking the first half of the production year they were dumping the in-stock supply of ceramic clutch superchargers into boats, until they ran out and started using the new version. You see this with other components too; if you look at their parts site, you'll see an "Edition #1" and "Edition #2" version in the same year. They probably erroneously think the washers were only a problem in skis. There were at least half a dozen '07 boats which blew their washers last year on this site alone.

Hey Franko!

Is that an Etch-A-Sketch drawing on your profie? Do they still make that? Man............I am getting O.L.D.!!!!!!!!!

As VX1 mentioned, somebody had said in a previous post that SeaDoo was placing the S/C's with ceramics in the 08' boats, not pwc's, until the stock is out. They would then switch to the S/C's to the other washers. Don't know how true it is but that's the rumor.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Riderman View Post
    Hey Franko!

Is that an Etch-A-Sketch drawing on your profie? Do they still make that? Man............I am getting O.L.D.!!!!!!!!!
    Nah, not an etch-a-sketch. It's just my amazing artistic skills at work.

I read on another site that none of the 08 boats have metal washers. Only that some of the PWCs would have metal washers. Dunno if it's correct or not though.

So I guess the only way to know for sure is to tear it apart and look, I just really didnt feel like doing it to find out that there are metal ones in there. Doesnt seem to matrer thuoght I only got 2 hrs on the boat so far and every time I want to use something happens, I went to take it out tonight for the second time since I've owned it and got about 20mi form the house and one of the trailer tires blew up on the interstate the trailer has under 200mi since I got the boat the other one went flat on me on the trip home from the dealer, so I'm not really happy with my new purchase right now.
    Last edited by joehillbilly1; 07-17-2008 at 06:24 PM.

ISSUES

I have had my my 150 speedster sc for one year to date. I have about 5 hours and I can't complain. I have not touched the washers and it runs great. I have be reading about the failures but so far so good

buckwheat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information