Cant seem to break 69mph!!!!!!!!!!

Ok i have an 06 RXP (bone stock) but for some reason on the dreamometer it seems it will not go over 69mph, its killin me i want 70, lol , its almost like it wont let me, i've tried everything, i had me and my girlfriend on it with me, went 69mph and then just with me (200lbs) it went 69mph, and you know usually if you turn a bit while going fast sometimes it reads faster cause your turning, nope not me it still says 69mph and this is anywhere from 7900-8050rpms, on calm or little ripple water lol, this was all with a full tank of gas havent tryed 1/4 or half or almost empty yet, i dont get , im still waiting to fill the rideplate and intake grate holes , but still lol!! what are you guys hitting on the dreamo. Im pulling out the GPS tomorrow!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    it wont go any higher than 69 on most machines, lol.... so dont try to hard, u'll never get there.

try a GPS, u'll get ur real speed, altho it might be depressing if ur even further away from 70, haha

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndn
    Im pulling out the GPS tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    it wont go any higher than 69 on most machines, lol.... so dont try to hard, u'll never get there.

try a GPS, u'll get ur real speed, altho it might be depressing if ur even further away from 70, haha
    Really , why is it something to do in the computer or no, ok well thats good to know now, lol so im not trying for like all the way across a lake lol!! well like i said GPS time, when i had 3hrs on the machine i GPS it once for like a couple sec it hit 66.3mph @ 7800rpms but i didnt want to hold her to long. Now shes running top notch!

Neverend.....The speedo will not display any higher than 69

+1
    Same with mine, -05 RXP bone stock, does 112km/h on the clock. Doesn't matter if it's me or anybody else riding and regardless of the conditions, never above 112km/h and that should be 69-70mph. So I figure it must be some kind of limit in the computer.

Well thank god you guys told me this before i went on a mission to get 70 and blow it up lol!!! well now i know Thanks guys , man i kinda feel like an idiot now oh well lol

Mine says 70 on the dreamo

My 2005 says 70 on the dreamo with one or 2 people but I can't get it above it. I think it is limited to 70.

Does anyone know for sure if that is true and also what is the RPM max one should see on the unit.

On my 05 rxp I see 70-71 on the digital dreamo all the time, I've seen 72 a couple times. . . but on the needle its never passed the 70 mark.

Jay

my 05 rxt will go to 70....no matter who or how many is on it....got a gps and maxed out at 66.6
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	666MyTopSpeed.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	6462  

Thread Information