New guy needs some mod help

Hello everone I am new to the forum. This is my second PWC, the first was a 03 Seadoo gtx sc. I now have a 07 Kawasaki 250 Ultra and I must say I really like it a lot.

I am finding this boat plows quite a bit of water. I would like to add a 1% wedge or the R&D ride plate. Which raises the front of the boat more the wedge or the plate? These options look good to me because I would like keep the boat riding well in rough waters.

I am also looking at the blow off valve block off has any one seen any negitive effects from this block off?

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, I am new to this too, but i have taken in quite a bit of info from this site so I will say what I know and begin trying to contribute.

The 1 degree wedge will bring the nose up higher because it is going to aim the nozzle up 1 degree.

THe plate will get the whole boat out of the water a bit more and make it faster because there will be less wetted surface area.

I have not seen anything negative said about the block off cover.

http://www.floridasmarthomes.com/teammoto/?cat=1

Read all that stuff on that wakos web site. when you get to the bottom hit the previous page and keep reading.

Ok so I am going to start with the wedge and the block off and see where this take me. Thanks for the input this site rocks!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Ok so I am going to start with the wedge and the block off and see where this take me. Thanks for the input this site rocks!!!
    Hey Sheldon, where do you ride your ski?

Read Skips pages. You will be glad you did. Thanks again Skip.

Hey Bill, we have a cabin at Alberta Beach so most of the time at Lac St. Anne.

+1
    Hey Bill, we have a cabin at Alberta Beach so most of the time at Lac St. Anne.
    Nice spot. I spent some time on that lake when I was a kid. That lake can get pretty rough when the wind whips up. Great place for the Ultra.

We have a cabin on Muriel Lake just south of Bonnyville. Used to be a fantastic lake but the water level has dropped by 3 meters. So you have to know where to ride and more importantly where not to.

Enjoy the Ultra.

Have you guys ever been to lake newell near Brooks, AB? its a huge lake, I have an 08 ultra and its awsome. the lake can get pretty rough but the ski cuts through like butter...

Thread Information