Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kite tubing recall

It was only a matter of time before they were pulled from the market. www.sportsstuff.com there is the letter to their customers to send them back for a full credit for something of equal or greater value up to $700. These will be a collectors item as I am sure their value will only increase.

Uh well.

Guess ill have to get the Manta Ray flying wing thing.

They looked like fun too. Im sure those injuries resulted from the boat operator going to fast, allowing the kite to get to high, combined with its inherent design. Keep it slow and it looked fun. 6' fall isnt gonna hurt ya to bad.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    There is one already on Ebay with bids starting at $650 with the reserve not met.

It was only a matter of time I suppose. Ironically we bought one on Monday of last week and the recall was anounced Wednesday. We still had time to take it out though. This was my favorite shot. Try and figure out which way I'm facing (I'm wearing white trunks and a black life jacket. Isn't my head supposed to be pointing up?). The result: a couple of bruised ribs. The beauty of it was that I almost barrel rolled it and landed. I hit the water on the side, a couple of more inches and I would've rode off.

In spite of this, we found the tube to be safe as long as you operated it responsibly. I.e. no sudden movements, speed below 30 Mph. All in all the press release reported out of 19,000 sold there were two deaths and 39 injuries requiring hospitalization. What are the figures on any given jet ski? Me personally: one broken toe, sprained knee, and a stress fracture in my hand. I think we're going to keep the tube.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wesley.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	4709  

Did the RXT pull it? I didnt order one when i wanted too because i didn think the RXT would be able to pull it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pettee
    Did the RXT pull it? I didnt order one when i wanted too because i didn think the RXT would be able to pull it.
    Yep. Pulled it beautifully.

At one point I was even pulling my friend on the tube (260 pounds), a spotter seatted behind me (200 pounds), and myself driving (125 pounds). Granted I had to go 45 MPH but he was getting consistent height around 4 feet.

Damn it i had one and i brought it back!!!Damn

Why did you return it?

+1
    We have one that is towed by a GTX-SC with ease, the only problem I have seen with the kite tube is you have to make damn sure there is enough air in it otherwise the tube will fold in on you and become unstable!

these need to be recalled asap my freind who i race dirtbikes and sleds with almost died from one of these he fell from 40 feet high and broke several ribs and severed his aortia (spelling)? he had a 5% chance of living. after 40 staples and two helicopter rides hes alright and has been to some of the motorcross raes to watch his freinds. anybody whos on here from mn proably saw the story on the news. scary shit considering that this was all from tubing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information