Two Beeps But Nothing

Did the big ugly and got the 96 xp drown out with water sent the kids out on it with the drain plug outso got it back in to shore and took the plugs out, got of the water out and finally got it started thought I was ready to go and pushed the starter button and nothing so pulled the dess off, put it back on and two beeps but nothing, not a click or anything, battery fully charged now and I first took the plugs layed them on the block and shorted the starter relay out and the starter cranked over but no spark. Checked all the fuses in both front and rear e-boxs and all were good, disconnected the start stop switch and shorted the relay out again and still no spark.The rear e-box the one with the relay was FULL of water so got all that out and cleaned all the connectors and termals but still only two beeps and no spark.The dess key had been a real pain sometimes before this, you would have move it around or wipe it off to get it to beep but never any spark problem.

+1
    The problem is in the rear box,bad ground at bottom of coil,bad starter solenoid,bad connections any or all of the above.

[quote=water worx;722183]The problem is in the rear box,bad ground at bottom of coil,bad starter solenoid,bad connections any or all of the above.[/quote/ You mean if the solenoid is bad and you short it out it still won't get spark?

+1
    [quote=HBILLYJET;722199]
    Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    The problem is in the rear box,bad ground at bottom of coil,bad starter solenoid,bad connections any or all of the above.[/quote/ You mean if the solenoid is bad and you short it out it still won't get spark?
    No it wont start that way.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    The box is probably full of water too...

I got a new soleniod and when I was taking the old one out the treads stripped of one of the bolt holes,is the plastic plate that the solenoid mount on metal on the inside?,Because when I first put the new soleniod on I got nothing again then aftering "monkeying" with it sometimes it started on and off for about five min. or so and now nothing just the two beeps like it's ready but no cranking over.This is driving me crazy how about the start stop switch?

Is it clicking at the solenoid? Can you jump the posts of the solenoid to make it trun over? Sounds partially similar to my problem...in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilnEdee View Post
    Is it clicking at the solenoid? Can you jump the posts of the solenoid to make it trun over? Sounds partially similar to my problem...in a way.
    Yes you can but then there is no spark.

Let me clarify- if you jump the posts on the solenoid...it does turn over/crank? When you say no spark...the plugs or at the solenoid?
    Check all conections from battery to starter to engine ground...etc..
    Yes, I suppose it could be the start/stop...after the two beeps can you crank it at the solenoid? If it cranks like that but nothing when you hit the switch, does sound like a switch issue...guys is there a fuse he needs to be checking for the start/stop?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Pull the plug on top your black box and inspect the pins. Loose, corroded connections can make you scratch your head...

Thread Information