Thread: Rxpx seat

+1

Rxpx seat

Hey guys all my riding is done in salt water as i am located no where near a river (the whole driest state in the driest continent thing) and it really pisses me off to find after every ride my motor has been covered in salt water from the seat spraying water all over it. It is a real pain to clean as the salt covers a lot of hard to get to areas. I have already had it eat the paint off my supercharger and expose the metal.
    Should i plug up the holes under the seat? does this create a problem with water escaping from the seat? I have recently sprayed Inox all over the moor to try to prevent the salt from sticking, but would like a permanent solution.
    thanks in advance guys

Same on my T-X. I blocked all of them off and just stand my set up after use for a couple of days with no problems. Keeps everything much cleaner. Marine black Sikaflex was what I used and you cannot tell.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSRXTX View Post
    Same on my T-X. I blocked all of them off and just stand my set up after use for a couple of days with no problems. Keeps everything much cleaner. Marine black Sikaflex was what I used and you cannot tell.

Thanks mate, its a real pain in the ass to have to clean it so thoroughly each time. So u just blocked up the 12 or so round holes in the middle of the seat right? would silastic do the trick?

Yeh all of them I used Sikaflex only for the colour. (Black)

I tried using silicon and some of them poped out, so i ended up using 4mm irrigation plugs for poly pipe and glued them in. They're still in after my butt pounding on the seat in the surf.
    It still didn't help though, i still has the same amount of salt on my engine after a ride. I later found out when i was washing it down that it was caused by a poor seal between black engine cover and the hull.

I stuck a seal on the hull between engine cover and another one on the engine cover between the seat. No probs now. Also check for salt under the plastic rotax cover on the engine head. I collected quite a bit under there.

+1
    Water leaks thru the stiching onto the motor.

Do yourself and ski a favor and buy a riva seat cover. When you install it put a layer of plastic between the old and new seat cover.

It worked well for me. BTW if you are running a Riva Front Intake your engine will suck in some of that water too...

Thread Information