Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    2006 Sea-Doo Sportster SCIC VBSPORTSTER's Avatar

Home made flush adapter

I made a flush adapter useing 8" of 3/8" hose , 2 hose clamps, a male & female barbed hose ends, & a hose quick disconnect.
    Screw the male end of the QD into the flush port on the boat (leave it there forever , dont remove it).
    Then when you need to flush the exhaust, just lower reverse gate down, take the flush adapter & snap the QD ends together, the adapter hose sticks out far enough to get the garden hose on easily, I found that using the smaller more flexable 8" hose is easier to manuever to the flush port, when your done just pull on the QD release collar & pull out adapter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NEW ORLEANS 017.jpg 
Views:	898 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	83450  

Why didn't you just installed the quick connect directly to the garden hose...? This is what i do and it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster View Post
    Why didn't you just installed the quick connect directly to the garden hose...? This is what i do and it works fine.
    Same here. Works fine.

Maybe its just the size of my garden hose, but it is very difficult to get the hose to line up with the flush port, the punp brace is in the way and makes things in there very tight, with the smaller more flexable hose adapter it makes it alot easier. My owners manual says that my flush fitting is on the upper Left side, but its on the RIGHT side as viewd from the backof the boat, which side is yours on? Which if it were on the left side it would be less congested of an area and it would be easier to get on.
    Last edited by VBSPORTSTER; 07-18-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: error

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    This is the Part I got from my dealer yesterday, it screws into the Fitting on the Pump:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SeaDo...spagenameZWDVW

I already had this Part from my '99 GSX-L, which just clips onto the part I posted above:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SeaDo...spagenameZWDVW

Without those 2 parts, it is IMPOSSIBLE to screw the Garden Hose directly to the Pump. I feel there is a VERY high risk of stripping the Plastic threads on the Pump Fitting, then you'd be ROYALLY screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by VBSPORTSTER View Post
    Maybe its just the size of my garden hose, but it is very difficult to get the hose to line up with the flush port, the punp brace is in the way and makes things in there very tight, with the smaller more flexable hose adapter it makes it alot easier. My owners manual says that my flush fitting is on the upper left side, but its on the left, which side is yours on? Which if it were on the left side it would be less congested of an area and it would be easier to get on.
    On my 2008 Speedster 150 (155hp) the flush fitting is on the upper left side (when looking at it from behind the boat - not sure how else I could look at it).

Quote Originally Posted by gerapau View Post
    Same here. Works fine.

What type of boats do you have and what side of the boat is your flush port on as viewed fron the back of the boat?

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    '07 Speedster SCIC, Flush Port is on upper right side of Pump.

Sounds like the flush port is upper left on 155hp model of the speedster 150 and upper right on the SCIC.

Does anyone know if the flush adapter (male end of quick disconnect that threads into the exhaust flush port) can be left in while operating the boat in the water, or does it restrict the flow of water leaving the exhaust???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information