Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Any skeg results yet?

Just got mine epoxied on yesterday and won't have a chance to test until Friday. Wondering if anyone has had a chance to run them yet. Interested in speed gain, porpoise reduction, any results.

Did want to mention that these are very nice looking pieces. Can't wait to try them out.

+1
    You are way ahead of me. I have them on my work bench, but no time to install. They are very nice looking.

I'm sure we will have good results. Just want to hear a few to see if mine are similar. Seems like I get good results on things that others don't and visa-versa. With any luck I can get the "honey-do's" done around the house tonight and get on the water tomorrow

+1
    Hey, I was in the garage and was gonna install mine, but was woundering how you were able to get the skeg to conform to the shape of the ride plate to have a good fit? I have a lot of gap in to places. Any thoughts?

i hear some guys are using a jack to press against the skegs until they are fastened down which will make them form to the ride plate.

+1
    Turn the skeg the other way and see if you get a better fit.

It won't be a perfect contour, but damn close. The epoxy will fill in all the voids.

bend the skinny end slightly at the point the bubble on the ride plate ends and most of it will contact the plate so you don't have thick epoxy for the front few inches of the skeg

+1
    GTXX, you had a pre production set that were flat on the bottom. These are curved to fit the rideplate better.

It would be nice if you shared your skeg results on this thread.

Thanks!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    speed increase or not.... the handling and rough water tracking the skegs give is enough to have me sold on 10 sets of these. i had a pre-production set and man o man did it change the way my RXT handled in the rough and cornered in the turns.

+1
    Jerry, Sorry for not posting my results on the skegs in a timely manner.

I tried to mount my pre production set on my XPL but they didn't come close to fitting so I installed them on my RXP. I took the RXP out for a short run at home in CO but my daughter rode with me all day so I didn't get any results to post.

I've been in MO the past few weeks and had a chance to really test these dudes out and I have to say without a doubt, they are one of the best mods to make to your Doo. Tracking and handling is awesome. I didn't notice any speed increase but I haven't been out early enough to get top speed runs on glass. We've put on many hundreds of miles these past few weeks including one 50+ mile ride to the Dock & Eat, another 50 back and it was ROUGH with wind/boat wakes. They made the ride effortless. So much so that I was getting concerned about my SC washers with all the unloading and loading I was putting my pump through.

I highly recommend the skegs as a "required" mod to improve the handling of your Doo.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information