Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What happened in MI last weekend?

I heard through the grape vine that there was some drama at the Can-Am Cup and National Tour last weekend with rules etc...
    Anyone know what really happened?
    I heard it involved Scott Wilk.
    Thanks,
    Duane

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    i heard the same thing from the same person you did duane, along with some issues with regards to who was racing and who was counting laps in that class

i did hear there wasn't a formal protest made but someone still got dq'd

+1
    I got him into the first turn of Can-Am and it push me straight into the outside split and me and Dustin Farthing almost hit. So I pulled off because I was afraid my boat was messed up bad and I had just missed the whole inside start.

We gelcoated the crap out of the front right side and duck taped my bumper bad on.

Sunday in expert open moto 1 I barely got past Billy Dearmen merging to the front stretch to get the lead and I'm held him off from there. After Pro-Am Open I get teched and all is fine then I get called back as I'm leaving and they decided to DQ me because of the holes in the fiberglass on both sides of the glove box and that it was brought to their attention(even though they hadnt seen it the 5 times it had been through tech already). Then as I'm leaving pissed off I'm told since they hadnt seen it they were just going to give me last place points in Expert Open.

Moto 2 I finished 3rd and with a 7 and a 3 I got 4th overall on sunday.

It was a bunch of BS and I know who did it, but I'm just going to get my **** ready for Orange Beach and try to win a race or two.

The coolest part of that day was when while sitting on the line for Pro-Am Open Dustin Farthing rides past and tells me he thought it was BS what they pulled on me.

+1
    it's bs scott..... i know who did it as well.....

when the race is in there backyard, it's by there rules..... wait for havasu and open a can of whoop ass on them

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    it's bs scott..... i know who did it as well.....

when the race is in there backyard, it's by there rules..... wait for havasu and open a can of whoop ass on them
    I heard he was going to be teching at WF this year.

It is that kind of BS that makes you just want to say F%$^ it and just quit racing. Suff like what went on up there is killing the sport. I also saw one Amy Green race where she was supposed to have a dead engine start but was able to run everyone down very quickly. On the video it did not look right or like a dead engine start but I was not there...
    The lap counter issue was also a problem that I heard about.
    I love this sport but if your going to make a rule book that is so vague and not even follow your own proceedures or rules then why bother...
    Scott,
    I am sorry that happened to you. You were robbed so someone else could get the win. I still cannot find it in the rule's where what you did was not legal.
    What rule did they say you broke?

Thanks,
    Duane

+1
    I had heard Amy already had her lanyard in but just waited a lil bit to start it so it looked like she was still dead engine start, but idk if there is any truth to that.

They claimed it was a topdeck mod. When I talked to Patrick about it he kept bringing up what happened to Mitch 2 years ago in Nashville about the holes drilled in his grab handle.

+1
    ya know... if u really wanted to fvck with the rules.... and this is just me thinking outloud.... someone should become a mfr. and start building conversion boats... make 500 of them and turn around and sell so the get homologated.....

i am sure that would fvck with stock class real good...... i personally think it would be hilarious seeing a "stock class" boat in open class and puttin a hurtin on the field.....

its funny this always happens when you go to a race that is put on by patrick (pee) smell

+1
    i had to fight with that jackass and jacques bryants wife over getting a refund last year...... i had boat troubles the day before the race and was unable to make it..... they said ebcause i didn't call they weren't going to give me a refund..... it wasn't like i was there and didn't race..... i was still completely on the other side of the country

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information