Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

those who run rude s/c and stock ecu

it looks like the consensus for fuel is stock injectors and a rrfpr. also it appears everyone runs a 15/20 prop. i want to know what ur max speeds are and if u had to pitch ur prop at all. if u did was it to gain or lose rpms. if its a 3 or 4 blade. lastly if ur running a reduction nozzle what size ring is it. i am going to this setup soon and want to try and eliminate most of the guessing. i know that there are other factors that influence speed such as heat,altitude, and salt/fresh water. just want to get the main ingredients. thanks for ur input

Banned User
    +1
    I rode Palm Beach Jesse's ski back in March, an 07', and I remember it running a RUDE and Stock ECU, don't know about a RRFPR or prop. Anyway, he was just shy of 80mph on a GPS...

+1
    A couple of us are going for max speed on the stock ECU. You can search for skoepp, too.

I'm running a turbo, but the rpm/speeds will the the same for you.

My experience is that you can pitch a 15/20 prop up to 15/24 with the stock 83 mm nozzle and run about 79 mph at 8100 rpm. Currently, I'm running the same prop, but with an 81 mm nozzle, going 81 mph at 8050 rpm.

Also, it's worth noting that JD2's (JD1's wife's ski) went 84.5 mph at Mudbug supposedly on the stock ECU and running a supercharger (not turbo). I'd love to know what supercharger, hull mod's, prop, and nozzle they're running.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post

Also, it's worth noting that JD2's (JD1's wife's ski) went 84.5 mph at Mudbug supposedly on the stock ECU and running a supercharger (not turbo). I'd love to know what supercharger, hull mod's, prop, and nozzle they're running.

Mike
    +1 on that....

Also I saw 79.2ish with stock ecu and the rest of my mods back in march.. Perfect weather conditions and s3 sc...

+1
    I have the setup in my sig right now. Rude stock ecu. In cool conditons (70 degress) at 2,500 ft i ran 91+. That was with 15/20 GH pitched (aprox +2 mm) with 83 mm ring.
    Now with same setup at same elevation with 100 degrees weather i was down 150+ rpm or more. So i took 1 mm out of prop and now is 15/20 +1 mm for 100 degrees and 2,500 ft and 8,100 to 8,150 rpm with 83 mm ring. I am going to run 82 mm this weekend cause heat will be aprox 85 to 90 degrees.

A good comparison is that last weekend i went to Dallas at aprox 500 ft and 100 degrees. I did not have time to change any prop on rxp so rode with 15/20 + 1mm with 81 mm ring and still was all over 8,150 to 8,200 rpm.

I just bought a 15/22 for riding at lower altitude 500 ft and lower. I think i will be able to really tweak the prop in for Rude stock ecu and 82 mm ring.
    That way i still can have my 15/20 for my elevation and the other prop for my DFW trips and hopefully MUDBUG.

Not to mention the pump mod and headers may ask for more prop.

I have tested a skat 15/18.5 3 blade and a skat 15/20 3 blade. Both had awesome accleration. Check out thread "tested new mods" You can find info of test there.

PM with any questions, I am still learning but would be glad to help if can.
    Last edited by skoepp; 07-17-2008 at 06:13 PM.

+1
    I ran the Rude charger with stock ECU for a short time with the Rude electronic fuel controller. The best speed that I seen with it was 79.4.
    I then upgraded to the Riva ECU for much better performance.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Is anyone running wideband with these stock ecu 80mph boats? Seems crazy to me to just trust that it's right. Jerry or anyone selling these mods is not responsible for the chance that your ski might have something going on before the mods that would cause it to run lean. Remember, Lean is mean. They always run the best right before the little man inside with the hammer gets out. Do yourself a favor get a wideband and protect your investment. Ignorance is bliss but picking pieces of your rotating assembly out of your ass is a hard way to learn about how your engine looks inside.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    Is anyone running wideband with these stock ecu 80mph boats? Seems crazy to me to just trust that it's right. Jerry or anyone selling these mods is not responsible for the chance that your ski might have something going on before the mods that would cause it to run lean. Remember, Lean is mean. They always run the best right before the little man inside with the hammer gets out. Do yourself a favor get a wideband and protect your investment. Ignorance is bliss but picking pieces of your rotating assembly out of your ass is a hard way to learn about how your engine looks inside.

I bought a wideband LM-1 with my rude sc and rrfrp. It was just part of the package. That was part of the deal for conviencing myself it would be safe and relialble. Last time i checked AFR and RRFPR set at 59.5 psi i am showing a 11.8 to 11.9 AFR at WOT.
    The LM-1 will pay for itself again as soon as I install the headers. Hopefully in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    A couple of us are going for max speed on the stock ECU. You can search for skoepp, too.

I'm running a turbo, but the rpm/speeds will the the same for you.

My experience is that you can pitch a 15/20 prop up to 15/24 with the stock 83 mm nozzle and run about 79 mph at 8100 rpm. Currently, I'm running the same prop, but with an 81 mm nozzle, going 81 mph at 8050 rpm.

Mike
    I the JD2 RXP last week and it ran 8220 rpm's and had pull like a stage III boat to say the least!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information