Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Purchase advice: Honda? Kawi? Sea-Doo?

I'm in the market for a new ski (first time buyer) and am looking for some purchase advise...I'm looking for a good three seater. I want something that is fun when I'm on it by myself but is also good when I have the kids on board. So basically, I want it to be fast and manueverable but also comfortable and stable. I've been considering the following...........Kawi 250X, Sea-Doo RXT and the Honda F-12X.

Can anyone provide some good advice with regard to these models or perhaps some I haven't considered.

The F-12X is appealing largely because of its price right now. Is this a good ski? How badly will it get beat by an RXT? Is the F-12X good with passengers?

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by Super7Four; 07-17-2008 at 01:03 PM.

+1
    Why not the Aquatrax F-15X which almost matches the RXT in speed?

I guess the F-15X is an option but they seem to be considerably more expensive than the other options. I was considering the F-12X because as a leftover, seems like you can get a great deal on one. But if it's not a good ski then I guess it doesn't matter how cheap it is.

Any opinion on the F-12X as far as stability, manueverabilty and general speed?

Thanks for the feedback

+1
    The best ski out there is the one that suits you best for the type of riding you do. I think the best ski for the money is the Kaw 15F, but my buddie loves his Hon F12x. There are arguments both good and bad for every ski out there, the only way your going to know wich is best for you is to ride them yourself and decide.

it depends on what you want but if you want to go fast(and after reading this forum you will) please dont get a rxt you will end up spending more money in the end to push it to 75 than spending the extra money on a rxtx but if you dont need it right know id wait for end of september because thats when all the new skis come out and there is talk of a 300 hp kawaski "250 x" thats turbo'd but personally i think it will be a 275 hp machine that does not have a roots blower on it but tells us what you really want

Thanks for the feedback. Can you tell me a little more about the Kaw and the Honda. What do you like and what don't you like?

Is the F-12X a good ski? Is it fast, does your Kaw keep up even though it's not a turbo?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Super7Four View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Can you tell me a little more about the Kaw and the Honda. What do you like and what don't you like?

Is the F-12X a good ski? Is it fast, does your Kaw keep up even though it's not a turbo?
    I used to own a F12X, now I have the STX-15F. They are both great ski's. The stock Kaw (1500cc)will smoke the stock Hon (1200cc with turbo) off the line but if the water is smooth and you run long enough the Hon will catch up. If the water is rough the Hon will not catch up. The Hon doesn't feel as stable at top speed but it handles better than any 3 seater I've ever ridden. The Kaw is a drier ride in the chop, some people don't care for the constant splashing in the face you get on the Hon, but hey, your at the lake. I've seen both skis on ebay for around $7300 lately, thats for a new 06 Hon or a 08 Kaw. Either way I think most people would be happy with either. The one drawback on the Hon in my area is finding a dealer. I'm in the middle of Kansas and the closest Hon dealer to me is in Stillwater, OK.

+1
    Well....SuperJim said he widdled on the intake grate and ride plate, plus added his Alfa kit (upped the boost 2 psi) to his Honda F15X and reported a GPS speed of just under 70. Buy the F15X.
    No ceramic washers to replace.
    Good fuel mileage
    Last edited by 1tommygunner1927; 07-17-2008 at 10:23 PM.

yea but can you find one ( i heard the dealers only got like one and there way more expensive) Sorry i keep throwing out skis for you to look at but maybe ( i only say this so you can make the most informed desicion) you should also look at the yamaha sho

Quote Originally Posted by robk View Post
    I used to own a F12X, now I have the STX-15F. They are both great ski's. The stock Kaw (1500cc)will smoke the stock Hon (1200cc with turbo) off the line but if the water is smooth and you run long enough the Hon will catch up. If the water is rough the Hon will not catch up. The Hon doesn't feel as stable at top speed but it handles better than any 3 seater I've ever ridden. The Kaw is a drier ride in the chop, some people don't care for the constant splashing in the face you get on the Hon, but hey, your at the lake. I've seen both skis on ebay for around $7300 lately, thats for a new 06 Hon or a 08 Kaw. Either way I think most people would be happy with either. The one drawback on the Hon in my area is finding a dealer. I'm in the middle of Kansas and the closest Hon dealer to me is in Stillwater, OK.
    I really appreciate the info. How do the F-12X and STX 15-F compare to the supercharged Kaw 250X and Sea-Doo RXT? Do you have any experience with them? Are those boats as fun to ride or are they just fast? While I want a relatively fast boat, I'm as interested in the Fun Factor.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information