Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RXP or RXPX

RXP or RXPX

I have a 2004 RXP and a 2004 GTX supercharged. Both have Riva stage 1s with Rotax racing impellers and steel washes. I was thinking of selling them and get a RXP-X and a RXT-X. I have heard the RXP-X is having some overstuff issues. Should I keep what I have now or buy new? Thanks.

If I had what you have and could afford it I would go with the X. The overstuff issues are still a concern but at least there are several projects going on to fix it.

A lot depends on where you ride. If you ride in the Great Lakes or the ocean, I would go with the RXT-X. If you ride in smaller lakes that are normally calm, I would go with the RXP-X... Ron

+1
    The stuffing issues on the RXP-X are from those who haven't taken precautions with their setup (i.e. cut grates with no pump shoe holes) or are running extreme setups (i.e. ride plate angle, modified grates, nozzles, etc)

With 3/8 inch holes in the shoe I've run stock grate with wings cut off and stock grate with everything cut out (just 2 bars) and have had no issues. Stock prop, nozzle, etc.

The overstuff can be a limiting factor, but only if you want a balls out extreme setup.

Then again, those wanting crazy speeds from the X are just pissing in the wind. It is a purpose built ski. I recently ran some bouys on my local lake against pretty much every ski made and the X ski owned all without breathing hard.

Master of the Dooniverse
    With my X, I have not experienced any overstuff with the holes and wings cut off and blended smoothly. 5 hours now on that set-up, no issues except landing off big flat water jumps....which happened just the same on the old RXP too. when you land off long jumps it will hook right just a touch, but i've never come close to being thrown and i like to go big.....well, big as a laker can go.

+1
    Go with the X Its a great ski stock and thats hard to find.

i make, break, and fix things 08255's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    The overstuff can be a limiting factor, but only if you want a balls out extreme setup.

Then again, those wanting crazy speeds from the X are just pissing in the wind. It is a purpose built ski. I recently ran some bouys on my local lake against pretty much every ski made and the X ski owned all without breathing hard.
    werd. X owns

X. It's a blast to ride, it rides and handles alot better than an RXP.

Like everyone in this thread said, I say go with the RXP-X . If I were in your situation, I would do one of two things. I would either sell the skis and get one of the X skis OR sell the GTX and use that money to further mod your RXP. I think you might be happy with either of those. Just my .02 .

+1
    So you're going to sell a GTX and replace with a RXT-X and sell a RXP and replace with a RXP-X. Hmm, well if, and this is an honest answer coming from a RXP-X owner, if I were you I'd sell the GTX and get the RXT-X and keep the RXP for now. It's not like you're going to be money ahead in any situation because you're selling 2 older models and getting the 2 most expensive models in the line-up. I'd slap the mods on the RXT-X and wait on the RXP-X just because of the overstuffing issues. If you want to keep stock and are looking for acceleration then don't hesitate in getting the RXP-X.

From what I'm seeing now, people are most likely going to close off the intake opening and then you're right where you started from, a RXP. Keep yours and mod it instead if you're looking for top end. My opinion if I were in your shoes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information