Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Washer failure???

On vacation this week with boat. While out yesterday, noticed that the right tach was not as high as the left tach. Normally the right engine revs slightly higher than the left. The right engine will rev in sync with the left until around 4-5k rpm, then it won't build revs as quick. I'm assuming this means the right engine SC washer has failed. Any way I can verify that while at the lake? Is it ok to drive the boat around with the right engine off? Boat is an 2007 speedster 200 430hp.

Is it safe to run both motors at low rpms?
    Last edited by Jeepboy; 07-17-2008 at 04:01 PM. Reason: add question

The engine may rev slow, but if it goes over 6600rpms, you have not lost a SC clutch washer. You verify by removing the front air hose of the SC (engine off) and trying to spin the wheel inside with your fingers. If it spins freely, there is no doubt that your SC is toast.

Won't hurt anything to run on only one engine. If the SC wheel spins by hand, don't start it! It would just allow the ceramic dust to saturate the engine more.

Sadly my SC wheel spins so my SC is toast. Boat just went out of warrenty 2 weeks ago also. Boat went to the lake a total of 11 times. This will be my last seadoo product.
    Last edited by Jeepboy; 07-21-2008 at 05:13 PM.

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    You are close enough to just missing the Warranty, I'd hit up the dealer and see if they'd take care of it for you.

There are countless posts about the SC washers problems.If you would have just replaced the washers in the first place you would have avoided this problem.So now you say this is the last seadoo I will ever buy.The fact is all pwc's and jet boats have there problems. The sea doo will give you the best performance far none then any other product out there in stock form.Im tired of people saying Sea Doo's suck.I look at there boats and skis and they look like sh t. All they do is ride them and put them away.Not so much as a flush or a spray of oil on them. And when they break the first thing out of there mouths. Sea Doo sucks. Ive owned Sea Doo's since 1995 and with proper care they still run great as the day I bought them. As far as the washer problem.I bought a 06 RXT and replaced the washers ASAP To avoid this problem. You on the other case turned the other cheek. And now your dealer gonna screw you with a hefty repair bill.Oh one other thing. Did you get an extended warranty. (Not) So whos to blame.
    Last edited by Dr Len; 07-22-2008 at 11:09 AM.

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    He said he used the Boat only 11 times. Yea, it's a Guessing Game as to when the Washers will fail, but still, he only used it 11 times.

But also, like you said, Washer failure has been known of since the introduction of the SC, and it should have eventually gotten taken care of.

How many total hours are on the Boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Len View Post
    There are countless posts about the SC washers problems.If you would have just replaced the washers in the first place you would have avoided this problem.So now you say this is the last seadoo I will ever buy.The fact is all pwc's and jet boats have there problems. The sea doo will give you the best performance far none then any other product out there in stock form.Im tired of people saying Sea Doo's suck.I look at there boats and skis and they look like sh t. All they do is ride them and put them away.Not so much as a flush or a spray of oil on them. And when they break the first thing out of there mouths. Sea Doo sucks. Ive owned Sea Doo's since 1995 and with proper care they still run great as the day I bought them. As far as the washer problem.I bought a 06 RXT and replaced the washers ASAP To avoid this problem. You on the other case turned the other cheek. And now your dealer gonna screw you with a hefty repair bill.Oh one other thing. Did you get an extended warranty. (Not) So whos to blame.

I've always had a big problem with Sea Doo putting out their PWCs/Boats with the washer DEFECT to begin with. I know some of the newer supercharged engines come with a different washer, but it took them too long, and I'm still not sure if all their sc pwcs/boats have the new washers. Personally, I'd like to see a class action lawsuit someday against Sea Doo, forcing them to pay people who had the defective washers disinigrate in their engines - at least within the 1st few years of ownership, whether they paid for the overpriced extended warranty or not.
    Last edited by sandiegoski; 07-22-2008 at 11:25 AM.

There are countless posts about the SC washers problems.If you would have just replaced the washers in the first place you would have avoided this problem.So now you say this is the last seadoo I will ever buy.The fact is all pwc's and jet boats have there problems. The sea doo will give you the best performance far none then any other product out there in stock form.Im tired of people saying Sea Doo's suck.I look at there boats and skis and they look like sh t. All they do is ride them and put them away.Not so much as a flush or a spray of oil on them. And when they break the first thing out of there mouths. Sea Doo sucks. Ive own Sea Doo's since 1995 and with proper care they still run great as the day I bought them. As far as the washer problem.I bought a 06 RXT and replaced the washers ASAP To avoid this problem. You on the other case turned the other cheek. And now your dealer gonna screw you with a hefty repair bill.Oh one other thing. Did you get an extended warranty. (Not) So whos to blame.
    Wow!!! Way to kick a guy when he is down.

While BRP is the leader in performance they are at the bottom of the list when it comes to reliability. I have had so many issues with my brand new 06 C180 its hard to remember all of them and believe me I am as proactive as they get when it comes to preventative maintenance. BRP is also notorious for not standing behind their products or even admitting there are problems.

What about all the people who have never been fortunate enough to have come across this site and do not know the SC issue even exists. Is it still their fault when their 25 - 50 thousand boat time bombs and all BRP will do is replace their washers and send them on their way. The engine eventually tears itself up and if not still under warranty.... Oh well BRP dont care.

Jeepboy, sorry to hear about you misfortune i hope you can get your dealer to fix it right which includes nothing short a complete rebuild. The only mistake you made was the same one I did by buying BRPs crap. This will be my last seadoo product as well.
    Do make sure when the SC is rebuilt it gets metal, just not the BRP version of metal, as they break as well. Get Jerry's washers from the online store they never break. Make sure they also do the SC that has not failed yet as that engine will be the one limping you back home when the damaged one blows up from all the ceramic dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepboy View Post
    Is it ok to drive the boat around with the right engine off? Boat is an 2007 speedster 200 430hp.
    My understanding is that you should njot drive the boat with one engine off unless you use a hose pinch clamp to prevent water from enetering the exhaust system of the non-running engine. Kind of like not towing the boat without using pinch clamps, or turning the hose on to flush the exhuast cooling system wihtout having the engine running. Water can be forced into the exhaust system and get into the cylinder.

Im sorry about his misfortune.Im sorry if I offended him.I live down the shore and see all the idiots who own these things. There clueless
    Sorry again. Just had to vent

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information