Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Kawasaki Tuning software?

So is there any type of tuning software or devices for the 250x ecu? I could really see some big possibilities with timing and pulley changes, afr, etc.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    i know people are working on it but none that are affordable right now

i know skip had mentioned possibility of efiLive tuning but i am not sure what is going on with that.

i thought about taking a 15f and trying to make it run on big stuff3 or accel gen VII with an msd dis4 but getting a crank trigger mounted and working right seems like it would be the most difficult thing

Megasquirt!
    MS2 sequencer

The sequencer hasnt been released yet.
    As of right now Microsquirt cant run sequential fuel injection without an add-on board to recieve the cam signal.
    Last edited by Gen3Benz; 07-17-2008 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    i know people are working on it but none that are affordable right now

i know skip had mentioned possibility of efiLive tuning but i am not sure what is going on with that.

i thought about taking a 15f and trying to make it run on big stuff3 or accel gen VII with an msd dis4 but getting a crank trigger mounted and working right seems like it would be the most difficult thing

Hey Dan, I was using EFILive as an example of what we wanted. I dont think it would help us as EFI needs to work in conjuction with certian ECM systems from GM. Thats just the cool stuff for my truck.

As for programmable ECU that allows us the freedom to use different ways of creating boost, Ive seen none that are cost effective or compatible to the stock harness.
    Lets use Motec for an example.
    M-4 is 2103.00
    Harness kit...?
    Are the stock sensors compatible?
    O2 kit $299
    Ignition kit with coils....?
    The list goes on and we havent even gotten into the testing each program.

What it comes down to is its possible for roughly 4K and thats if someone figures it out.

Personally I dont know enough of engine managment to attempt such a undertaking.

So the answer is we dont have one and no one yet has stepped forward with a conclusion.
    So we are kinda stuck at the moment.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Hey Dan, I was using EFILive as an example of what we wanted. I dont think it would help us as EFI needs to work in conjuction with certian ECM systems from GM. Thats just the cool stuff for my truck.

As for programmable ECU that allows us the freedom to use different ways of creating boost, Ive seen none that are cost effective or compatible to the stock harness.
    M-4 is 2103.00
    Harness kit...?
    O2 kit $299
    Ignition kit with coils....?
    The list goes on and we havent even gotten into the testing each program.

What it comes down to is its possible for roughly 4K and thats if someone figures it out.

Personally I dont know enough of engine managment to attempt such a undertaking.

So the answer is we dont have one and no one yet has stepped forward with a conclusion.
    So we are kinda stuck at the moment.
    point taken skip

if we can find someone who is willing to fork over the cash for development i can get in touch with the people/person needed in order to make this work....

+1
    How come no one uses aem or haltec engine management? think both are much cheaper than Motec

Quote Originally Posted by gprjersey07 View Post
    How come no one uses aem or haltec engine management? think both are much cheaper than Motec

haltec sucks..

One management that comes to mind is DFi and F.A.S.T. (Speedpro).. there are sh1tloads of good speedpro tuners around. They can be had for a pretty good price.. The unit can be found used for under $700 with a harness

Motec is great, but thats just Ballin-aire status
    Last edited by sixtydashone; 07-18-2008 at 12:03 PM.

+1
    yeah i was trying to think of something cheaper than Motec which seems to be what everyone runs on here. Aem and Haltec are half the price at least of Motec

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post

screw big stuff. lol.. However, i love DFI. i ran DFI on my racecar, and i loved it..

And BTW, you'd be suprised what type of sensors are available, i dont think mounting a Ct sensor would be that difficult..

Im seriously contemplating doing some research on this.. i see so many band-aided engine managements for these applications, and i think the possibilities of tuning on the'se skis are unreal

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    M-4 is 2103.00
    Harness kit...?
    Skip.. if you wanted to use a management like that (or the afformentioned ones), you could in fact use your stock sensors.

Has anybody been to www.efi101.com? they have scheduled EFI tuning classes across the country. Ive been to one in NJ (i actually organized it for their company), and its VERY informative. i highly suggest it..

BTW, if anybody has a chopped up harness to donate, i could make a custom harness.. You could order a Pigtail harness from DFI or FAST, and then make a custom harness onto the pigtail. You could also get a harness from them, and just add Kawasaki sensors to them (but thats more money)..

Let me ask a few of my tuner friends if they have any old DFI or FAST boxes that i could possibly use as a guinnea pig..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information