Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    685
    +1
    18

    gas can for front storage area

    I do a few long trips that there is no gas available on the river (or very hard to get to) - We bring gas - but it's a pain to strap on the rxp - anyone out there make a gas can molded to the front storage compartment or shaped to fit the rear?

    Thanks

    Tim


  2. #2
    sprchrgd89gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    183
    I got one of these and love it , but the jug's are are not included!!
    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.as...&Category=1428

  3. #3
    Nobody Really bling bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lake Lanier Georgia
    Posts
    374
    +1
    1
    No safe to be storing gas inside front compartment

  4. #4
    Fast-XPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    793
    +1
    20
    I've seen sleds that attach to the rear to haul items such as gas cans 7 or 8 years ago. I'm not sure if they're still available. As Bling says, it's not a good idea to haul them on top of your battery even with the tray between.

    Found a link to the towable I saw years ago.

    http://www.hydrotrailer.com/

  5. #5
    Nobody Really bling bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lake Lanier Georgia
    Posts
    374
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast-XPL
    I've seen sleds that attach to the rear to haul items such as gas cans 7 or 8 years ago. I'm not sure if they're still available. As Bling says, it's not a good idea to haul them on top of your battery even with the tray between.

    Found a link to the towable I saw years ago.

    http://www.hydrotrailer.com/
    Whats ups fast

  6. #6
    Fast-XPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    793
    +1
    20
    Yo Bling, it's been awhile. How you doing? I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll PM you.

  7. #7
    way2fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,013
    +1
    3
    I purchased a soft sided cooler that easily fits two of the 2 gallon 8 oz gas cans that Walmart sells. I use bungie cords to strap the cooler to the rear boarding platform. Works well and is a heck of a lot safer than hauling a gas can in the front storage area.

    Richard

  8. #8
    Nobody Really bling bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lake Lanier Georgia
    Posts
    374
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    I purchased a soft sided cooler that easily fits two of the 2 gallon 8 oz gas cans that Walmart sells. I use bungie cords to strap the cooler to the rear boarding platform. Works well and is a heck of a lot safer than hauling a gas can in the front storage area.

    Richard
    Good plan way2fast . Keep flamable liquid out in the opening . The front storage area takes a beating i have had sodas explode from it being so rough and they were on ice

  9. #9
    Note my gas can mounting method in this picture.

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/album...php?pic_id=116

  10. #10
    Fast-XPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    793
    +1
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas
    Note my gas can mounting method in this picture.

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/album...php?pic_id=116
    You sure your not from Arkansas?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. in need of gas shock for front hood
    By txdj0709 in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 02:30 PM
  2. Prop for front storage compartment
    By Bamaha1 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-26-2013, 08:44 PM
  3. Gas can storage on RXP-X??
    By Ziggy in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 07:34 AM
  4. Winter Gas Treatment for Ethanol - Storage Question
    By wyatteurp in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-17-2006, 02:09 PM
  5. RXT Front Storage Area Drain Grommet
    By BrAinZ in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 05:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •