Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: riva air intake

  1. #1
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28

    riva air intake

    Hey guys, can a few people post pics of their riva air intakes on x-model skis or older rxp/t's.
    thankyou


  2. #2
    Enufpwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lake St. Clair, Michigan
    Posts
    446
    I posted some pics of the riva rear pro intake on the RXP-X. This was with stock plumbing at the time.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...565#post693565

    Since then I relocated the intercooler and using the metal pipes instead of the hoses.

  3. #3
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Enufpwr View Post
    I posted some pics of the riva rear pro intake on the RXP-X. This was with stock plumbing at the time.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...565#post693565

    Since then I relocated the intercooler and using the metal pipes instead of the hoses.
    Thanks Enufpwr, is there any chance of ingesting water with a setup like this? i quite often get water in my hull...
    Its a nice setup though, is this the standard riva set-up ?

  4. #4
    Enufpwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lake St. Clair, Michigan
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Thanks Enufpwr, is there any chance of ingesting water with a setup like this? i quite often get water in my hull...
    Its a nice setup though, is this the standard riva set-up ?
    Yup, do a search on the intakes. This is the pro setup and not the standard one with the stage 1 kit. If you do a ton of wave jumping the rear intake has a chance to injest water. The other riva intakes are a bit safer.

  5. #5
    Shogren65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Spencer, MA
    Posts
    88
    I am following Enuf's setup as we speak. I am doing the rear air and instead of keeping the WB I am going to run the Gibson.

  6. #6
    salsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    des moines iowa
    Posts
    134
    Hi, I just recently installed the Riva air intake kit on my X. Kind of a pain, but not the worst job, just don't do it in the sun. LOL It really lets you know what the charger sounds like on and off the gas. Sorry, no pics. I like the rough water, so the front intake was really the only way to go.

  7. #7
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by salsa View Post
    Hi, I just recently installed the Riva air intake kit on my X. Kind of a pain, but not the worst job, just don't do it in the sun. LOL It really lets you know what the charger sounds like on and off the gas. Sorry, no pics. I like the rough water, so the front intake was really the only way to go.
    So the riva front intake has no chance of ingesting water and is more suited to rough seas then? has any one got a pic of this setup? does it make a huge difference to the engine sound?

  8. #8
    salsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    des moines iowa
    Posts
    134
    Nothing is totally reliable, but the front intake with its prefilter in place offers a better chance of protection from water ingestion (due to its more hidden location) than the rear setup due to its direct path to the blower, even with its prefilter in place. This is of course just my opinion. The sound of the blower is a little louder, not obnoxiously so, but I now notice decel a lot more due to the chittery hissy sound it makes. I got a couple of pics, but no tubing shots without disassembly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	83925   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	83926  

  9. #9
    Salsa i have the exact same set up. THe ski sounds loud. What do you think? How do you like it? i think it is a great set up.

  10. #10
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by salsa View Post
    Nothing is totally reliable, but the front intake with its prefilter in place offers a better chance of protection from water ingestion (due to its more hidden location) than the rear setup due to its direct path to the blower, even with its prefilter in place. This is of course just my opinion. The sound of the blower is a little louder, not obnoxiously so, but I now notice decel a lot more due to the chittery hissy sound it makes. I got a couple of pics, but no tubing shots without disassembly.
    So is the riva front air intake any more likely to ingest water water than the stock setup??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Riva air intake kits and exhaust kits...will they fit 12f???
    By 05blastsrt4 in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 09:43 PM
  2. RIVA Air Intakes
    By Dark_viper42 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 10:55 AM
  3. riva air intake?
    By blown 5.0 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 10:45 AM
  4. riva air intake filter cover
    By TroyRXP15 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 07:46 PM
  5. PPG or Riva Air Intake, can't decide
    By Shibby1485 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •