Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Jetworks & Stinger 3

Hey guys could someone please tell me if its ok to run a Jetworks holeshot kit with a Riva stinger 3

I know the Stinger 3 restricts water to the exhaust in mid - high rpm range and the jetworks stops flow to the waterbox at low rpm range (below 3500 ish) . So the way I see it is if I used both I could end up with very little water in the exhaust system the whole time and potential meltdown.

I know the Singer 3 is adjustable so may be I would just need to be carefull haw much I closed it. Its fully open at the moment but thats just because I'm breaking in a new motor.

Thanks, Stu

P.S. Leo's kit is almost here !!!

+1
    I have seen this done, I am working on a little project with one of these myself. My theory is that if we add some water back it might help get some of the lost RPM's back. Trouble is how much is too much? this will take some trial and error, also like you say how far can we restrict the valve on the S3 without melting down.

+1

Jetworks Stinger3 Stinger 3 S3

Hydrotoys

+1
    I believe he is talking about adding water to the stinger outlet. this my plan to run it just like the holeshot mod, I also added a fitting I got from Jetworks to my overboard dump that allows me to mount the sensor.

+1
    OS is correct. Im trying to get my waterbox empty for improved holeshot. The Stinger 3 is almost a dry pipe with no jacket so I assume the waterbox gets its water from the billet flange and flows with the exhaust gases to the waterbox.

+1
    Fercho and Razzbo ran this setup above and it was a jetworks holeshot mod, but water was injected at the S3 collar as shown above.

I see what you guys are talking about, you want to alter the speed of the exhaust [ultrasonic waves] and inject at as low as possible down at the bottom closer to the waterbox like a tradional ex. pipe. yeah, I think it affects torque too where the water is injected at. And with an S3 like above, the pipe is [short]. If you inject the furthur downstream, the pipe will think its [long]er

gotcha

+1
    Yep something like that.

I am trying to acheive the best of both worlds. i.e reduce the water to the top of the pipe at high rpm to increase power and rpm but holeshot suffers because the waterbox is not clear. I think the jetworks example you show is different because the flow is the other way. The Jetworks inlet is going to the 3/8 bypass and the 1/2 line is the oem exhaust cooling supply line.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65977
    I also drilled through the exhaust coupler and installed a tube to inject the water straight into the exhaust stream. Trying to run it through the water jackets in the coupler you never know what your going to get, if its empty or if there is still water in it from the last WOT.
    I used a piece of SS brake line epoixed in place, do not let it protrude into the exhaust stream cut it flush with the ID of the coupler.
    If you use the larger jetworks valve shown in the hyrdrotoys picture you can use a Holly main jet to adjust how much water you get,
    If you use the smaller 1/4" jetworks valve like me you can use Mikuni main jets to adjust the flow.

+1
    Sounds like a good plan... but what results did you get from this mod??

I notice you also have three additional hoses going from your heads - Why ?

Whats the rest of your ski spec and #'s

Thanks man

+1

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information