Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

250X or STX 15F?

I'm new to Green Hulk, and PWCs for that matter, and am looking for some of your guidance. I'm looking to purchase my first PWC after many years of rentals. I want a 3 seater that is fast, stable and as important, fun.
    I don't see myself doing too much racing, but would like to be able to keep up with other boats - I have a friend with an RXT.

Is the 250X just a "go fast" ski or is it fun to ride - quick turns, etc.?

What about th STX 15F - looks fun but is it too slow compared to the turbo and supercharged PWCs?

I have young kids that I anticipate having as passengers from time to time so I need something stable in addition to the above.

Can anyone provide some guidance on these skis or any other recommendations, i.e. RXT, SHO, 2007 F-12X (nice price).

Thanks for your help

If I were to buy over again I would go for the 15 or even the 12 if you can still get one ! I love my 250x but for just going and getting wet and having some some the lesser expensive skies will do just fine !

The 250X is a great ski that will keep up with the others and is very stable even in the rough. Also has great storage capacity. There is another thread here somewhere that talks about this in great detail.

This is great feedback thanks, looks like you both have a 250X and like it. I know it's fast, how manueverable is it? Can it make quick fish tail turns like the STX 15F or is it just made for straight line speed? Any idea how much faster it is than the 15F? I know it's got 90 more HP but not sure what that translates to on the water.

Your help is appreciated!

sounds like you may want the 15F.. Its not the fastest ski, but its got that fun factor. Ive got both ski's, but for my style of riding, my conditions, the 250x is the ski i now mainly ride. My 15F is great on fuel, 250x sucks fuel! I'm glad I have both, but if I had only one to choose, and I didnt race, I'd get the 15F.. Just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    sounds like you may want the 15F.. Its not the fastest ski, but its got that fun factor. Ive got both ski's, but for my style of riding, my conditions, the 250x is the ski i now mainly ride. My 15F is great on fuel, 250x sucks fuel! I'm glad I have both, but if I had only one to choose, and I didnt race, I'd get the 15F.. Just my humble opinion.
    Thanks for the info. How badly would the 250X beat the 15F? How does the 15F do in terms of acceleration? I'm willing to spend the extra on the 250X but want to make sure it's the right boat for fun. I notice you stated the 15F has got the "fun factor" does that mean the 250X doesn't except for top end speed? What is the top end speed of the 15F?

Thanks again

+1
    plenty of power with the 15f and it sips gas compared to my brothers 250x
    stock 15f will do 61-62 mph top speed, 0-30 mph is 1.9 seconds, and rxp-x for example with a supercharger will do 1.5 0-30, the yamaha sho cruiser also does 0-30 mph in 1.9 seconds, equal to the 15f

so my conclusion is that the 15f has plenty of acceleration for a non supercharged motor.
    Last edited by inchadeboca; 07-18-2008 at 01:55 PM.

the 15f has GREAT holeshot power.. it will get up to 62 quick. and then the 250x will just coast by you, hehe.. but its ok.. For two skis so close in design, they are far different in riding abilities..

As my friend chris said, the 15F is like a BMW, has great looks, great reliability and handles very nimble; like no other.. The 250 is like a twin turbo mustang that will just wipe the floor with everybody, lol..

i like the maneuverability of my 15f. makes for a fun trip. fast is fun, but on the water, i feel safer knowing i can turn away from safety easier, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by sixtydashone View Post
    the 15f has GREAT holeshot power.. it will get up to 62 quick. and then the 250x will just coast by you, hehe.. but its ok.. For two skis so close in design, they are far different in riding abilities..

As my friend chris said, the 15F is like a BMW, has great looks, great reliability and handles very nimble; like no other.. The 250 is like a twin turbo mustang that will just wipe the floor with everybody, lol..

i like the maneuverability of my 15f. makes for a fun trip. fast is fun, but on the water, i feel safer knowing i can turn away from safety easier, hehe
    Don't let him fool you, from what hear there is a piece deep inside of him just eating at him. He really wants to go really really fast.

+1
    250x!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information