Thread: What oil

What oil

Can you go whit synthetic oil if i used metal washer for the sc.if yes any sugestion brand and grade.

No synthetics with SC engines.. Only if you find oil without "friction Modifiers" like motorcycle oil. I think AMsoil is the only one. BUt it's expensive.
    I have just been using Seadoo 10w40 4 stroke mineral oil

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    You can go with the Amsoil for marine applications. You are good to go as long as it is JASO MA certified. I personally recommend the Mobil 1 racing 4T 10w-40. http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...4T_10W-40.aspx It is available at your local auto parts store unlike Amsoil which you have to order.

The difference between the Sea Doo and synthetic is that I have no worries going 50 hours or once a riding season on synthetic with the K&N filter. Some people are even going more hours and just replacing the filter half way through. With Sea Doo oil I would recommend every 25 hours.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    You can go with the Amsoil for marine applications. You are good to go as long as it is JASO MA certified. I personally recommend the Mobil 1 racing 4T 10w-40. http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...4T_10W-40.aspx It is available at your local auto parts store unlike Amsoil which you have to order.

+1..This is the exact same oil i use in my machines..I used to use the amsoil but like NCHeel said you have to order it,and wait for it to be shipped.Were as with the Mobil 1 all you have to do is head down to the local Auto part store and get it..Then if your a little low you dont need to wait for the next order.just drive down to the store and grab another quart..

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post

The difference between the Sea Doo and synthetic is that I have no worries going 50 hours or once a riding season on synthetic with the K&N filter. Some people are even going more hours and just replacing the filter half way through. With Sea Doo oil I would recommend every 25 hours.

+2 Its all I use now...

THanks for the info i will go whit the mobil 1 ,i already use in my bike Buell xb12r

+1
    I buy amsoil in the store all the time, I work for a store that carries it. Just call around there are many dealers, you just have to find them. Amsoil will only sell to businesses with 9 stores or less. Its the reason why major chains dont carry it. It cost about the same as BRP oil.

Thread Information