Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

06-up Gauge cluster on 05

Can I make a 2006 or up style gauge cluster work on a 2005 RXP?

I was wondering the same thing. I asked the local dealer and they said no, the guy said just looking at it id does not seem that it will. I however, put zero faith in what the parts dept. at a dealer tells me, so I am interested to hear from anyone it is possible.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    no and all the 07- use can bus technology so the cluster and ecu need to match for communication function.

Life is Supercharged (without ceramics)
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonze View Post
    no and all the 07- use can bus technology so the cluster and ecu need to match for communication function.
    i have an 05 rxp and i saw a few 06 rxps at the dealer with the new cluster. It seems to fit in the same area and the jet is identical to mine.

Can anyone explain why the 06 wont fit on the 05? If its a diff bus communication system that makes sense, but you mentioned 07+ using a new communication bus. But what about the 06 into 05.

Let me know i would really like to get the new one for the compass and the digital look. Plus my current one is in mph and i found a local 06 in km/h for Canadian use.

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxglobal View Post
    Plus my current one is in mph and i found a local 06 in km/h for Canadian use.

Thanks
    you can change yours to km/h

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    you can change yours to km/h
    really?? how?

Like usual trip to the stealership ? ive managed to avoid the dealer for everything but oil which the actual parts counter guy suggested just to use motorcycle motor oil or synthetic blends. I have a jung of brp oil for the spring and the usual 7$ filter seal and 10$ oil filter LOL what a rip.

Ill ask you guys more about the oil in the spring, right now my rxp is sitting nicely indoors with the battery disconnected and removed until the spring.

The shape of the pods are the same but the wiring is different from what i've read. 06 gagues are NOT a direct swap to the 05's and older.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    The shape of the pods are the same but the wiring is different from what i've read. 06 gagues are NOT a direct swap to the 05's and older.
    so its just a matter of getting the correct wiring?

Is it a doable mod or will the 05 never accept it. Say if i took this into the dealer with the new 06 cluster and its wiring pigtails, would they be able to install it into my 05?

Im not sure what it uses to read the compass direction, i wonder if its built into the cluster.

I guess the only way to find out about the km is to head to the dealer one day with the jet. I dont think there is a how to that allows you to switch between mph to kph like on most new cars without a programming tool.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    the cluster works in conjunction with the mode button on the 05 and the 06- dont have it so display everything at the same time so the data going to the gauge will be all wrong.

linuxglobal any dealer who says to use synthetic oil in an rxp should be shot!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonze View Post
    the cluster works in conjunction with the mode button on the 05 and the 06- dont have it so display everything at the same time so the data going to the gauge will be all wrong.

linuxglobal any dealer who says to use synthetic oil in an rxp should be shot!
    he said motorcycle synthetic blend, so is that like a mix of half/half?
    I dunno i have xps oil on my shelf with a new filter and a set of plugs ready for the spring. I was just gonna see what you guys think of alternative oils only if they are better, the seadoo oil wasnt as expensive as my atv oil LOL so i was pleased i wasnt paying 60$/4L.

BTW thats prob why i like the 06, it has more info at once. O well that makes sense now, so there is no way

As far as the mph --> kph, thats a dealer thing only? What do they usually charge for something like that? I know everytime i take my car into the dealer its like 1 hr labour for anything with the pc connection so 100$/visit. if its too expensive id rather use that money for mods, the analog cluster at least has both and i can pretend im american when i go to the US with it LOL (apparently claiming ure american when ure not is illegal, and u can get arrested for it, but its like if they ask at the border and you specify the wrong nationality)..... i had it running with NC tags this past summer. Ill see how the coast guard treats me when i have Ontario tags.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information